Re: Euphoria web server

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...
Andy Drummond said...

Or has anyone got any knowledge of a basic web server which can run nice easy-to-write CGI apps?

This is more of general information, but 4.0 has a cross-platform socket library and CoJaBo on IRC has built a web server using it. Once complete, he was going to submit it as a demo application for the socket lib since we do not have any demos of it yet. However, I have heard reports that the socket lib does not work on Windows 98. I have not investigated why yet. It does work on XP/Vista and of course Linux, FreeBSD and OS X.

Jeremy

If Eu 4.0 gets setenv and proc_open functions, I should be able to get CGI working cross-platform also. If this gets included with 4.0, it would make it easy to run local CGI apps, or even include some CGI demos with Eu 4 that will run right away. As of now it kindof supports CGI, but the proc_open I have only works on Windows, and is extremely limited by lack of setenv. Looks like setenv is being added now by iamlost, so I'm going to try that out.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu