Re: contributor archive searches

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...

sad (grr) that would have been the best user guide ever for novice programmers, but even for more advanced ones.

Agreed. That was becoming the most used command in the channel. It was extremely useful.

CChris said...

i can consider opening a specific room in irc.freenode.net for that purpose, but it won't be on the air 24/7.

There is a #tiggrbox channel, and it was possible to do searches in there until kat pulled the feature offline altogether.

CChris said...

The purpose of the channel would be the archive searches only, so that they disturb and are disturbed by nothing.

No one was disturbed or bothered by this. As I said it was one of the most useful features of the irc channel. I'm doing my best to get it back.

CChris said...

Since there are dedicated users in time zones far apart, perhaps a shift systems could be used to keep the room open at almost all times?

CChris

As a side note: it's possible to keep a channel open 24/7 on freenode even when the channel is otherwise empty.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu