Re: Another round of docs

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dan M. said...

I like it! You found/created a nice, intuitive way to have both a long list of routines etc with their "long" descriptions, AND have just a list of routine names which then jump to the long descriptions. Congrats!

I wonder though, if when you get to a "Page Contents", if each of the list of items under the main divisions on such a page really need the full outline sequence of numbers in front of them?

What I mean is, instead of:

4.5.4 File name parsing 
4.5.4.1 pathinfo 
4.5.4.2 dirname 
4.5.4.3 filename 
4.5.4.4 filebase 
4.5.4.5 fileext 

just have:

4.5.4 File name parsing 
 pathinfo 
 dirname 
 filename 
 filebase 
 fileext 

since each of the items listed won't have any sub items under them.
Reason would be that the sub-numbers don't really add any information value, and sorta obscure the name of the item of interest with the repeated numbers.

Dan

Oops, I didn't notice that the short description that I'd like presented with the "list" of routines presented on the "Page Contents" page accessed by clicking on any of the sub-categories of the main categories under "Language Reference" (such as: "File System") are missing.

What I mean is, if you follow the above sequenc of clicking:
(go down to "Language Reference", and click directly on "File System", then scroll down to "File name parsing"), if you all can see your way to change/add it, I'd like to see:

4.5.4 File name parsing 
 pathinfo  Parse a fully qualified pathname. 
 dirname   Return the directory name of a fully qualified filename 
 filename  Return the file name portion of a fully qualified filename 
 filebase  Return the base filename of path 
 fileext   Return the file extension of a fully qualified filename 

That's probably not the best example, but I already had it in place, so I used it.

What do you think?

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu