Re: contributor archive searches

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dan M. said...
Kat said...

<kat> !eu help
<[Tiggr]> I have several !eu commands for looking up things in the archives:
<[Tiggr]> !eu help , you're reading this now. Please keep in mind there's a lot of misspelling in the archives. And neither will "interrupt" find "interrupts". Searches are case-insensitive.
<[Tiggr]> !eu search ~text , this i look thru the archives for ~text, reporting each application, path, and file to a max of 2 irc lines, you can get more lines with "more".
<[Tiggr]> !eu searchapp ~app ~text , this i look thru only thru the ~app's files for ~text, reporting each file to a max of 2 irc lines, you can get more lines with "more".
<[Tiggr]> !eu searchapps ~text , this i look thru the archives for ~text, reporting each application to a max of 2 irc lines, you can get more lines with "more".
<[Tiggr]> !eu show ~file ~text , i will show you the first two lines in ~file where ~text is found. Use the path\filename i gave you in search. You can get more lines with "more".
<[Tiggr]> !eu more , if used within 2 minutes of your last search or show, i report 2 more irc lines of files or applications or lines, depending on what you searched or showed for.

The "!eu show" is not turned on at this time, the time being 2:20am. The results are nearly instant, with 183,264 unique words preindexed, it's speed is affected only by irc and my isp's lag. Your search results are cached, so the more command is even faster. Wildmatches may follow. The code is 100% mirc, since i pulled all Euphoria code out of Tiggr a while back. Doing this in Eu would have been easier.

Kat,
waiting to see how it's mis/used.

That looks really neat, Kat, 'tho I can't guess how to use, let alone misuse it. I just replied because, either fortuitously or deliberately, the reply auto-imposed line feeds for you. :)

dan

I added show and showline:
<[TiggrBot]> !eu show ~file ~text , i will show you the first two lines in ~file where ~text is found. Use the path\filename i gave you in search. You can get more lines with "more".
<[TiggrBot]> !eu showline ~file ~startline ~howmany , shows lines read from the ~file, starting at ~startline. If ~howmany isn't specified, one line will be read. If nothing is on the line, that will be mentioned too.

I also shortened the help to reduce screen coverage, so

!eu help

gives you the list of keywords, while

!eu help keyword

gives details in that word.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu