Re: Features for the forum?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dan M. said...

I think bold for unread gets the point across fine smile

I changed it to a new icon, one of the silk ones you like smile

Dan M. said...

those "silk" emoticons are too pale for tired old eyes to discern well

Greg added the icons to the theme and I personally think it looks pretty good. I did the overall theme. Are you speaking of the actual graphic images, the < arrow and the > arrow or are you speaking of the text labels, "Prev", "Next" ? I can make them have more contrast, they are a bit light.

Dan M. said...

on the main messages list page, why does "previous" take you to *new* pages? Shouldn't it be "new" on the left side and "previous" on the right side??

I guess it's working like pages. Page 1 contains the earliest messages so when you click Previous, your page numbers go down in value. Next, they go up in value. I wonder if Newer or Older would make more sense?

Dan M. said...

how about, as a step up from the list of common formatting tags, a list of some of the more common formatting commands, like bold etc, such that when poster hilights some text and then clicks on the formatting words, the tags are applied to the highlighted text? (yes, I realize that programmers should have no difficulty learning & inserting the tags, I'm just suggesting) smile

Sounds good, although I am no JavaScript guru. Do we have any here that would be willing to make a JavaScript tool bar to integrate w/the textarea and formatting codes?

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu