Re: warning from Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Which would be totally utterly and completely and forever resolved by forward includes (?)

I am not totally sure how this would solve the above problem? Basically you do not want a brother/sister file affecting each other. So, let's say you have a brother file that defines say_hello(). You do not want the ability in the sister file to define a forward reference to say_hello() and access it from the brother file? That solves nothing, as it's still obscure, where is say_hello() actually defined at? The correct solution is to include the files you need in your own file.

I know there are sometimes circular dependencies, but to borrow the classic phrase that is tossed around all the time, refactor. Now, a forward declaration will fix problems in the same file, for instance you want to use function abc() in def() but abc() is not defined yet because it uses def() as well. Thus, a forward reference would fix that, and that is nice at times. I do not see, however, how this would fix brother/sister file includes.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu