1. Euphoria Forum

Hi all,

Would it be possible to write forum software in Euphoria? Like using the mySQL wrapper and curl wrapper and stuff? I had an idea of making something like PHPBB or vbulletin, but using Euphoria. Some ideas I had would include post count, reputation system and other similar features other forums have.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria Forum

Icy_Viking said...

Would it be possible to write forum software in Euphoria?

This forum is written in Euphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria Forum

Icy_Viking said...

euphoric said...

The whole dang website is written in Euphoria! https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euweb

Icy_Viking said...

Like using the mySQL wrapper and curl wrapper and stuff? I had an idea of making something like PHPBB or vbulletin, but using Euphoria. Some ideas I had would include post count, reputation system and other similar features other forums have.

Our website is in need of an overhaul but I haven't got the time. If this is something you're interested in, I can point you in the right direction and provided assistance along the way.

The entire website doesn't need to be written; I think I would prefer to decouple the news (blog), wiki, and forum pieces and move everything else (docs, downloads, tickets) to GitHub.

My ongoing idea is be to basically clone Discourse, which is a fairly "modern" web application with a Ruby on Rails back end, Ember.js front end, Postgres database, Redis caching, etc.

-Greg

4. Re: Euphoria Forum

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

euphoric said...

The whole dang website is written in Euphoria! https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euweb

Icy_Viking said...

Like using the mySQL wrapper and curl wrapper and stuff? I had an idea of making something like PHPBB or vbulletin, but using Euphoria. Some ideas I had would include post count, reputation system and other similar features other forums have.

Our website is in need of an overhaul but I haven't got the time. If this is something you're interested in, I can point you in the right direction and provided assistance along the way.

The entire website doesn't need to be written; I think I would prefer to decouple the news (blog), wiki, and forum pieces and move everything else (docs, downloads, tickets) to GitHub.

My ongoing idea is be to basically clone Discourse, which is a fairly "modern" web application with a Ruby on Rails back end, Ember.js front end, Postgres database, Redis caching, etc.

-Greg

Getting a simple server setup for testing a forum I'd like to create would be nice.

5. Re: Euphoria Forum

ghaberek said...

I've created a quick pull request to locate the edbi and webclay dependencies on github rather than bitbucket

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu