1. Phix on Exercism

It [almost] works for me: https://exercism.org/tracks/phix - the test runner isn't actually functioning properly just yet.

Does anyone fancy being a maintainer/tester/reviewer?
The above link will probably 404 like the euphoria track did, but let me know your exercism name and I'll raise an issue.
I expect to be doing most of the heavy lifting, unless you want to get involved in adding the concept exercises, not even
started yet, but there should be 112 practice exercises (I know!) ready to try, once the initial infrastructure gets fixed.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Phix on Exercism

An error occurred while running your tests. This might mean that there was an issue in our infrastructure, or it might mean that you have something in your code that's causing our systems to break. 

Please check your code, and if nothing seems to be wrong, try running the tests again. 

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Phix on Exercism

Yep, that's what I meant by the first line above, though it seems fine when run by the CI build process... I've already nudged Eric.
Is there a bit of code somewhere that replaces include {slug}.e with include .meta/example.e or am I making that up?

People should however be able to see what exercises there are, and at least proof read their instructions.
Concept exercises would be simpler, form a "beginner tutorial", and be where I'd appreciate help the most.

4. Re: Phix on Exercism

petelomax said...

Does anyone fancy being a maintainer/tester/reviewer?

I'm not volunteering but I'm going to lurk there a fair bit. I've still got stuff yet to do for Euphoria (and Cobol, 8th, Harbour, Snobol4, Seed7).

-Bruce

5. Re: Phix on Exercism

Lurking's fine, in fact just what/all it needs. Of course I get you're a bit swamped, there'll be no shouting at anyone for doing diddly squat, or setting their notifications to @mention (which is effectively none).

PS Can I ask how many maintainers have you found for each of those tracks?

6. Re: Phix on Exercism

I am willing to mentor.

But as to how much help I get, I have help occasionally from others for COBOL and 8th. Harbour isn't mine - I'm helping someone else. Seed7 and SNOBOL4 are ones I've created but haven't built as yet. Euphoria, well you've got as much idea as I have about that one.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu