1. A State of Euphoria

Over on Exercism there are a couple of programmers who have been contributing significantly to the track. I wrote to them asking,

you have taken to Euphoria very quickly and are writing good code. What are your likes and dislikes? What was easy, what was hard?

One of them gave the following answer

I’m still getting the hang of print debugging and when to use print, printf, or ? / pretty_print. Searching the Euphoria website can be a mixed bag, but I know the name of the main std libraries so I can find their pages quickly in my browser history. Otherwise, I haven’t had too many issues with the language. The reduced number of built-in types definitely keeps the conceptual overhead to a minimum, which is helpful for Exercism. Red / REBOL on the other hand has 40+ data types built in so I’m always second-guessing myself and returning to the docs.

Maybe I overlooked it, but is there a language tour like 'A Tour of Go' or even something a bit more verbose like 'The Racket Guide'? If you get the test runner to Version 2, an Exercism syllabus might serve as an unofficial language tour.

Anyone want to take up the challenge of writing 'A State of Euphoria' (unless of course something like that already exists.)

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: A State of Euphoria

axtens_bruce said...

'A State of Euphoria' (unless of course something like that already exists.)

-Bruce

Maybe it does... take a gander at this and see if anything might fit the bill: https://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/Begin%20Programming.wc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu