1. EuTEST request(s)

Is it possible to set where the temporaries for eutest are created/stored? I'm wondering if part of my problem with eutest is that I don't have write access to the folder when these artefacts are to be stored. If I could set the folder to, say, /tmp that might help.

And am I right in assuming that to use eutest one needs to have a working gcc? And is there a way of controlling where the build_xxxx folder goes?

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: EuTEST request(s)

axtens_bruce said...

Is it possible to set where the temporaries for eutest are created/stored? I'm wondering if part of my problem with eutest is that I don't have write access to the folder when these artefacts are to be stored. If I could set the folder to, say, /tmp that might help.

I agree that may be the problem. Unfortunately as it stands there's nothing I can see in eutest.ex to tell it where to put files it creates.

You're welcome to examine the source here: https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euphoria/blob/master/source/eutest.ex

axtens_bruce said...

And am I right in assuming that to use eutest one needs to have a working gcc? And is there a way of controlling where the build_xxxx folder goes?

To perform tests on translated sources, yes. But that is optional. Testing bound apps would also require it to create the executable, which again expects write access to the local directory.

If you're using a Debian-based distro, apt install gcc bintools is the bare minimum you need to compile translated apps.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu