1. Call To HttpGetRequest() In Wininet.ew Seems to Hide My wxProgressDialog

I've got a wxProgressDialog keeping my user updated through various function calls.

After calling HttpGetRequest(), the progress dialog disappears, moved behind other windows (?).

If I watch the windows while holding Alt+TAB, I can see the progress dialog being updated; I guess it's just covered by the main frame now.

How do I get it back to (and keep it in) the foreground in cases like this?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Call To HttpGetRequest() In Wininet.ew Seems to Hide My wxProgressDialog

euphoric said...

I've got a wxProgressDialog keeping my user updated through various function calls.

After calling HttpGetRequest(), the progress dialog disappears, moved behind other windows (?).

If I watch the windows while holding Alt+TAB, I can see the progress dialog being updated; I guess it's just covered by the main frame now.

How do I get it back to (and keep it in) the foreground in cases like this?

That's... weird.

This thread: wxProgressDialog wxMessageDialog z-order indicates there may be an issue where other dialogs can mess up the z-order for wxProgressDialog. Looks like they issued a fix in 2017 but the binaries you're using are probably from 2015.

Are you setting any flags when you call HttpGetRequest? By default the flags parameter is set to INTERNET_FLAG_NO_UI which the documentation says "disables the cookie dialog box" so that could be at least part of the issue here.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Call To HttpGetRequest() In Wininet.ew Seems to Hide My wxProgressDialog

ghaberek said...

Are you setting any flags when you call HttpGetRequest?

No, I'm only passing the first parameter (sequence url).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu