1. Compiling .e source code on Linux box Woes

Just finished a nice little console-based prog. Great refresher of the Euphoria syntax and works like a charm. Now I want to compile it to a Linux executable. So ..

I've edited eu.cfg to reflect the correct directories

euc -lib-pic euso.a -arch ix86_64 -gcc -o <filename> <filename.e> 

But it chokes with an error msg that it can't find `include/euphoria.h' the -com entry in eu.cfg points to the correct "include" directory

I had to add: `-cflags -fPIE' to eu.cfg because without it compiling chokes with a bunch of linker errors telling me to re-compile usimg -fPIE.

Anybody here familiar with compiling Euphoria on *nix?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Compiling .e source code on Linux box Woes

This comes up a lot. Basically you need a newer build of eu.a on newer systems due to changes in GCC defaulting to PIE and libc removing some math functions.

Best solution is to wait until we can get 4.2 out the door if you can. Otherwise you'll need to build eu.a from source. This response is probably the simplest approach: https://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/136073.wc

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Compiling .e source code on Linux box Woes

ghaberek said...

Best solution is to wait until we can get 4.2 out the door if you can. Otherwise you'll need to build eu.a from source. This response is probably the simplest approach: https://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/136073.wc

Thanks for the reply and the link Greg! Sounds like a plan!

4. Re: Compiling .e source code on Linux box Woes

built and installed the new library from git. No Joy! Linking error => collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Not else else was returned in the error message. Any ideas?

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu