1. OE icon. Licensing?

What's the license on the OE icon? It'll be adapted to fit in with the Exercism look and feel. Note all the hexagons around everything.

-Bruce

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: OE icon. Licensing?

axtens_bruce said...

What's the license on the OE icon? It'll be adapted to fit in with the Exercism look and feel. Note all the hexagons around everything.

-Bruce

You can find more about the history of the logo at https://openeuphoria.org/forum/114262.wc#114262

I'm not sure that we ever nailed down a license for the logo actually, but I can unequivocally state that you've got permission to do this.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: OE icon. Licensing?

jimcbrown said...

I'm not sure that we ever nailed down a license for the logo actually, but I can unequivocally state that you've got permission to do this.

There's actually a whole wiki page for logo licensing. Specifically it states:

LogoLicense said...

4.3 Unaltered logos

Use of unaltered openEuphoria group-provided logos on T-shirts, mugs, etc.

• Again, non-commercial uses to promote the openEuphoria programming language are allowed. Commercial uses (which includes any use where you sell these items for money) require permission from openEuphoria group. Please reproduce our logos with the right colors and fonts; if you need help, let us know.

• Use of unaltered openEuphoria group-provided logos on websites, brochures, and product packaging - Non-commercial uses to promote the openEuphoria programming language are allowed, as are all nominative uses as described in section "3.3 Uses that never require approval", above. Any other commercial uses require prior written permission from the openEuphoria group.

One nitpick I've always had about those terms is that it indicates specifically that the word mark be openEuphoria even though the top of the website has always said OpenEuphoria. I've always used OpenEuphoria anywhere else.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu