1. Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

I'm trying to use the latest version of Notepad++ (8.4.7, 64-bit) on a new PC, and the Euphoria language files from the Github repo are giving me an error when I try to import them.

Do they work for anyone else? Should I use the 32-bit version of Notepad++ instead?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

euphoric said...

giving me an error when I try to import them

What error, specifically, are you getting?

euphoric said...

Do they work for anyone else?

I just updated to 8.4.7 and it seems fine?

euphoric said...

Should I use the 32-bit version of Notepad++ instead?

I don't think that makes a difference for UDL files, only plugins. I'm running 64-bit as well.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

ghaberek said...
euphoric said...

giving me an error when I try to import them

What error, specifically, are you getting?

Literally just "Fail to import"

How do I share screenshots here? I can't recall if it's simple or tedious. grin

4. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

euphoric said...

Literally just "Fail to import"

Something like this? From this ticket: Prompts "Failed to import" when existed imported UDL files reach 30

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/34053927/44891744-ff298c00-acae-11e8-870d-c8aadb957a19.png

euphoric said...

How do I share screenshots here? I can't recall if it's simple or tedious. grin

We don't have any way to upload images. If you post it somewhere else like Imgur, you can embed the image with double curly braces, as I did above.

{{https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/34053927/44891744-ff298c00-acae-11e8-870d-c8aadb957a19.png}} 

Instead of using the Import... button on the UDL form, try dropping the files into your profile directory instead? That's actually the first option listed in the manual: Import a UDL

-Greg

5. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

ghaberek said...

Instead of using the Import... button on the UDL form, try dropping the files into your profile directory instead?

Actually tried that before and it didn't help... seemingly.

Is Notepad++ supposed to automatically recognize my Euphoria file/code, or do I have to tell it something else?

6. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

euphoric said...

Actually tried that before and it didn't help... seemingly.

Strange. If you place the files in the UDL directory and then relaunch Notepad++, do Euphoria and Euphoria (dark mode) appear at the bottom of the Language menu?

euphoric said...

Is Notepad++ supposed to automatically recognize my Euphoria file/code, or do I have to tell it something else?

AFAIK it only checks a file for its language when it's opening the file. So if you already have files opened then you'll need to select the language manually or close and reopen them.

-Greg

7. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

ghaberek said...

If you place the files in the UDL directory and then relaunch Notepad++, do Euphoria and Euphoria (dark mode) appear at the bottom of the Language menu?

No. getlost

8. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

I'm guessing there's something wrong with your userDefineLang.xml file, which is located in %APPDATA%\Notepad++. This is where Notepad++ stores user-defiend languages created with the UDL editor, which includes imported languages.

Try this: close Notepad++, rename userDefineLang.xml and userDefineLang folder, then relaunch Notepad++ and import euphoria.udl.xml again. Then close Notepad++ and you should see it recreate userDefineLang.xml with the Euphoria UDL inside.

-Greg

9. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

ghaberek said...

I'm guessing there's something wrong with your userDefineLang.xml file, which is located in %APPDATA%\Notepad++.

That file does not exist there, nor anywhere else on my PC. Interesting!

The C:\Users\suppo\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\userDefineLangs directory does exist, and there are language files in it.

ghaberek said...

Try this: close Notepad++, rename userDefineLang.xml and userDefineLang folder, then relaunch Notepad++ and import euphoria.udl.xml again.

I renamed the folder to userDefineLangs-old, relaunched, then attempted to import.

"Fail to import" :'-(

Looks like I'll have to go back to Wee.

10. Re: Cannot Import Euphoria Language Files for Notepad++

Does this help? I found one on my system (for Phix) and attached it to the following PCAN entry just now. http://phix.x10.mx/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.EuSyntaxColoringForFarNAndPsp (will need to strip the trailing .txt)

Of course the other thing to try is un-installing and re-installing Notepad++ (and/or rebooting!)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu