1. Euphoria in Linux SubSystem

Hello,

Does anyone have experience using Euphoria in the Windows Linux Subsystem. I'm still playing around with it. I'm on Windows 10 Version 21H1. I'm using the Debian distro.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria in Linux SubSystem

Icy_Viking said...

Hello,

Does anyone have experience using Euphoria in the Windows Linux Subsystem. I'm still playing around with it. I'm on Windows 10 Version 21H1. I'm using the Debian distro.

Yep, works great! I used WSL with Ubuntu 20.04 to do a lot of the testing to build our GitHub Actions workflow.

Here's the process I use for installing Euphoria 4.1 on Debian and Ubuntu from the GitHub downloads page.

wget -q https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euphoria/releases/download/4.1.0/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz 
sudo tar -C /usr/local -xzf euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/{bin,include} 
cd /usr/local/bin 
sudo find /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin -type f -executable -exec ln -s {} \; 

Keep in mind that later distros will have issues with the current 4.1 translator and library. But you can use this to build from source. I should have that workflow building complete packages soon.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria in Linux SubSystem

ghaberek said...
Icy_Viking said...

Hello,

Yep, works great! I used WSL with Ubuntu 20.04 to do a lot of the testing to build our GitHub Actions workflow.

Here's the process I use for installing Euphoria 4.1 on Debian and Ubuntu from the GitHub downloads page.

wget -q https://github.com/OpenEuphoria/euphoria/releases/download/4.1.0/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz 
sudo tar -C /usr/local -xzf euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/{bin,include} 
cd /usr/local/bin 
sudo find /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin -type f -executable -exec ln -s {} \; 

Keep in mind that later distros will have issues with the current 4.1 translator and library. But you can use this to build from source. I should have that workflow building complete packages soon.

-Greg

Thanks Greg. It worked! I'm still playing around with it, but this should be a good way to test the linux versions of wrappers I write.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu