1. [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

Here's a free course on C. It's worthwhile to learn C to better understand and use Euphoria.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/c-for-everyone

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

ghaberek said...

Here's a free course on C. It's worthwhile to learn C to better understand and use Euphoria.

-Greg

I'm almost about to start reading the Modern C book you posted earlier. Thank you!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

ghaberek said...

-Greg

Greg, are you familiar with the course? Although information on the web cite said that you can audit the first segment of a course for 7 days free of charge, you must first give your credit card information and cancel your subscription within 7 days. Also, some features are not available during the 7 days of audit. No mention was made of the price.

I suspect that the full course is fairly expensive. I would like to know a lot more up front before I tangle with these folks.

Regards, Kenneth Rhodes

4. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

I had no problem in signing in. They did not ask for a credit card. I did not ask for a certificate.

5. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

Bhupen1277 said...

I had no problem in signing in. They did not ask for a credit card. I did not ask for a certificate.

Same here. Signed up, selected the "no certificate" option (which is free), and I'm watching the first video.

Otherwise, I think it's only $49 to get the certificate, IIRC.

6. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

Senator said...

Greg, are you familiar with the course? Although information on the web cite said that you can audit the first segment of a course for 7 days free of charge, you must first give your credit card information and cancel your subscription within 7 days. Also, some features are not available during the 7 days of audit. No mention was made of the price.

I suspect that the full course is fairly expensive. I would like to know a lot more up front before I tangle with these folks.

As the others pointed out, some (most?) Coursera courses are "free" in that you get to participate, but you don't get anything tangible as a result. If you don't need a fancy framed certificate to hang on your wall, then there's no cost whatsoever.

-Greg

7. Re: [Coursera] C for Everyone: Fundamentals

I just want to report that the course is there and is FREE. The quality is about 5/10. There is very little pressure to pay for the "Certificate". On the other hand, it comes from a reputable Institution, so for those who want to get a cheap Certificate course that they can put on their resume, this is a good avenue.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu