1. Edita:Make search loop around

Is there a setting somewhere that will force the search algorithm to search from the top if it reaches the end? Obviously, it would only loop back to the starting point, but having to go home each time I want to search the entire file is cumbersome, especially with Ctrl+Home going to the beginning of the current func/proc! That's a double-tap to get to the top!

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

Sadly not. I have recently noticed that adobe acrobat handles this well, eg if "wordx" occurs on lines 100,200,300 and I'm on line 150, it'll show me 200, 300, 100, then "no more", which is what I want and just needs a start line to be saved whenever the search term != previous. I'll give that a go, sometime.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

petelomax said...

Sadly not. I have recently noticed that adobe acrobat handles this well, eg if "wordx" occurs on lines 100,200,300 and I'm on line 150, it'll show me 200, 300, 100, then "no more", which is what I want and just needs a start line to be saved whenever the search term != previous. I'll give that a go, sometime.

Most editors handle this like that now, including Notepad++ and MS VS Code. I use those other two a lot for work and other projects, and I'd like to have something similar for when I edit Eu/Phix.

So, does anybody have a set of config files for Eu/Phix on MS VS Code?

4. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

euphoric said...

That would be really nice!

5. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

xfox26 said...
euphoric said...

That would be really nice!

Yeah! Apparently, there's two ways to do it. One is easy, and the other is not as easy. grin

6. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

euphoric said...

Yeah! Apparently, there's two ways to do it. One is easy, and the other is not as easy. grin

Ooookay.... Let's start with the easy way? Where to start?
Forked into: How to Edit Euphoria Code in MS VS Code Editor

7. Re: Edita:Make search loop around

Ops, dupe

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu