1. Access removeable drive from ubuntu

I am trying to move my Euphoria .dat file from Windows to Ubuntu via flashdrive. Ubuntu says the flashdrive uses a Windows file system. Is that why I can't see what is on the stick? How do I make the move? Append to email?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Access removeable drive from ubuntu

alrobnett said...

I am trying to move my Euphoria .dat file from Windows to Ubuntu via flashdrive. Ubuntu says the flashdrive uses a Windows file system. Is that why I can't see what is on the stick? How do I make the move? Append to email?

Linux can normally read ANY file system you throw at it. I routinely transfer files from windows to linux. Windows, however, can't read linux files.

If you can post the exact wording of the message, we can use google to find out what (if anything) is wrong.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Access removeable drive from ubuntu

The removable drive icon appeared on the desktop. I clicked on it to see the contents. Nothing happened. No error message. I expected to copy the file and paste it into an appropriate directory. Still very green.

4. Re: Access removeable drive from ubuntu

Strange. When I plug in a USB thumb drive made on a client's Windows10 computer last friday, a window pops up showing the folders and files in that drive, without me doing anything.

Have you tried right-clicking on that icon and seeing if a menu of options (open with...) or something appears?

Of course, if the file isn't too large, e-mailing it to yourself would be a quick work-around, until you can figure out what's wrong.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu