1. Terms Of Service

Forked from OT: S2T & T2S (non-Eu)

As an aside, I just came upon this:

HostWinds TOS said...

Any use of or access to the Services by anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited.

At the current time I'm not aware of any forum members who are under 18 years of age, so it's not a problem now.

Still, not being able to introduce Eu as a programming language to middle schoolers seems like a Bad Thing(tm). Thoughts?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Terms Of Service

jimcbrown said...

Forked from OT: S2T & T2S (non-Eu)

As an aside, I just came upon this:

HostWinds TOS said...

Any use of or access to the Services by anyone under 18 years of age is prohibited.

At the current time I'm not aware of any forum members who are under 18 years of age, so it's not a problem now.

Still, not being able to introduce Eu as a programming language to middle schoolers seems like a Bad Thing(tm). Thoughts?

This does not apply to our web site, but to theirs. IOW, they don't knowingly sell hosting services to persons under 18 years of age.

Right?!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Terms Of Service

euphoric said...

This does not apply to our web site, but to theirs. IOW, they don't knowingly sell hosting services to persons under 18 years of age.

Right?!

That would make a lot more sense.

4. Re: Terms Of Service

My legal training is based on watching tv and movies. OE is over 18 years old; OE is responsible enough. You do not have to be over 18 to visit the OE website. A client seems to be the one that pays bills. A good client: does not use bandwidth, does not use cpu cycles, and has no criminal agenda. The provider is not responsible for anything and all blame can be directed to the client.

Only a lawyer can tell you if there is hidden meaning in a document.

_tom

5. Re: Terms Of Service

Nothing mentioned in an EULA holds water if there is no law to enforce it. So just check if there is any law (has to be exactly as stated in the EULA), abt an EULA (Google search term USA laws on End User Licence Agreements)

Each item exactly describing the (non)-validities will be enforceable.

Cheers,

Antoine

6. Re: Terms Of Service

I don't think there is any age limit on using a programming language. I started using Eu when I was 13. I've been using it off and on ever since. Same with C and C. There might be some legal issues to deal with when distributing software made in whichever programming language, however. Depending upon the license used and such.

7. Re: Terms Of Service

@Icy Viking

The only limitations will be those limitations, which are in the restricted EULA AND can be forced by law, but there even is a work-around for that.

There happen to be (almost) absolutely cat-proof loopholes in almost any written law.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu