1. FAO Pete Lomax

Hi Pete

Could I have a login for the Phix forum.

Doing more playing with Phix, can get a lot of the demos working now, and have started playing with some eu programs.

The eu4 std/includes needs equivalent translating for the Phix builtins. For instance std/mathe.e does not have an equivalent on Phix.

The include system is more like the old 3.1 system (include files dropped into the program where seen - suits me fine).

How do you delete_file in Phix. Is in st/filesys.e in eu 4.

The reason for putting time into Phix for me now is to get win32lib's IDE 1.04 working, so I can chek out if Phix still produces the the manifest issue when running programs that eu 4.xx currently produces (eg - labels appearing as blocks on tabbed pages. It appears that the windows programs using Phix don't have this issue - so far.

Cheers Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: FAO Pete Lomax

ChrisB said...

To be honest I can't even remember how to do that, and there's not an awful lot of point.
There have been three postings in the last year, of which 2 were mine, and I'm thinking of ditching my is-great account anyway.
On the bright side, I don't think there is a problem posting Phix-related questions here.

ChrisB said...

The eu4 std/includes needs equivalent translating for the Phix builtins. For instance std/mathe.e does not have an equivalent on Phix.

That will have to be demand-driven.
There is a new 0.7.1 release imminent.
Ignoring builtins, the following routines in that specific file should be covered:
abs sign max min mod trunc ceil round arccos arcsin log10 exp sum or_all gcd
(though I have just discovered that exp is not documented)

The following are not:
ensure_in_range ensure_in_list frac intdiv atan2 rad2deg deg2rad cosh sinh tanh arcsinh arccosh arctanh product shift_bits rotate_bits approx powof2 is_even is_even_obj

I don't think that particular file causes Phix any grief, though I have just sanitised it a little bit more for the imminent release.
If there are any problems, let me know which are the most vital - in most cases I suspect that documentation will comprise most of the task.

ChrisB said...

It's been added in 0.7.1 (which will be released real soon, and for once I really mean that.)

ChrisB said...

The reason for putting time into Phix for me now is to get win32lib's IDE 1.04 working

Just so you know, I have no plans for a 64-bit version of win32lib, ever. All my GUI efforts are going to be IUP-related from now on.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: FAO Pete Lomax

petelomax said...
ChrisB said...

To be honest I can't even remember how to do that, and there's not an awful lot of point.
There have been three postings in the last year, of which 2 were mine, and I'm thinking of ditching my is-great account anyway.
On the bright side, I don't think there is a problem posting Phix-related questions here.

Ok

petelomax said...
ChrisB said...

That will have to be demand-driven.
There is a new 0.7.1 release imminent.
Ignoring builtins, the following routines in that specific file should be covered:
abs sign max min mod trunc ceil round arccos arcsin log10 exp sum or_all gcd
(though I have just discovered that exp is not documented)

The following are not:
ensure_in_range ensure_in_list frac intdiv atan2 rad2deg deg2rad cosh sinh tanh arcsinh arccosh arctanh product shift_bits rotate_bits approx powof2 is_even is_even_obj

I don't think that particular file causes Phix any grief, though I have just sanitised it a little bit more for the imminent release.
If there are any problems, let me know which are the most vital - in most cases I suspect that documentation will comprise most of the task.

ok

petelomax said...
ChrisB said...

It's been added in 0.7.1 (which will be released real soon, and for once I really mean that.)

Looking forwrd to it. You will include the missing builtins won't you (pAlloc.e et al)?

petelomax said...
ChrisB said...

The reason for putting time into Phix for me now is to get win32lib's IDE 1.04 working

Just so you know, I have no plans for a 64-bit version of win32lib, ever. All my GUI efforts are going to be IUP-related from now on. Pete

It's your baby, do as you will. Look forward to seeing the iup efforts.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu