1. forum// Resuolved or Fixed Button

Shouldn't there be Resolved or Fixed button on this form?

Similar to what Excel Forum has.

Or is it too much trouble?

(I can understand if is, with my poor programing skills)

Don Cole

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Resuolved or Fixed Button

While some forums that I participate in have the built-in buttons or similar (such as granting the OP or the mods the option of identifying the best response), most do not. Whether a forum supports such a built-in capability or not, I find that the most effective forums are populated by OP's that not only separately post when a problem is solved, but also make sure to identify both what the problem ended up being and specifically what course of action solved the problem.

Such an OP encourages future responses because responders are confident that their efforts will end up enhancing the knowledge base.

mike

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Resuolved or Fixed Button

The op can edit their post and change the title, like I did on http://openeuphoria.org/forum/129593.wc
(and as you can see I took the time to explain the solution, as one should)

Pete

4. Re: Resuolved or Fixed Button

DonCole said...

Shouldn't there be Resolved or Fixed button on this form?

Even if there was, I imagine an admin or moderator (like myself) would simply undo it if the OP failed to provide the solution to the problem or even clearly explain what the issue was, as you have.

5. Re: forum// Resuolved or Fixed Button

I tried "editing" the topic as a test.

The result is a new forum heading. As an administrator I can tamper with your post (a rude and unethical thing to do.)

However, you as a poster can change your own posting.

I like your idea.

Since the Forum throughput is small it is probably best if posters have the discipline to add a topic and later a solved | not_solved_yet addendum.

Maybe we can come up with a list of "topic categories" such as: newby, forum, wiki, HELP, OT, interesting, new, ...

Possibly this list could be posted as along with the "More Common Formatting" section.

_tom

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu