1. Testing IUP

Testing IUP

I setup a testbed for IUP and the TEE editor:

• install Puppy Linux (Tahr-6.0.2 32bit) on a USB drive (use unetbootin)
  • install euphoria4.0.5.deb (one click install)
  • eui works ... SUCCESS
  • get updated files from SCM (use easymercurial)
  • compiles to Euphoria 4.1.0
  • copy IUP include directory to /user/share/Euphoria/include
  • copy IUP shared .so to /user/lib

--> launch TEE ... SUCCESS!

--> test demo programs ... SUCCESS!

note:

the demo programs end in .c because they are "cut and paste" transformations of original IUP c-language demos.

run them as " eui demo.c" (Euphoria works without .ex endings)

After the demo programs get re-edited to look more like Euphoria programs they will be demo.ex and so on.

problems:

• must remember to include icons directory
  • F5 RUN fails to execute
  • F6 BIND works
  • no syntax color

_tom

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Testing IUP

_tom said...

Testing IUP

What is the "TEE editor"?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Testing IUP

K_D_R said...
_tom said...

Testing IUP

"TEE" is a, just new, Euphoria editor written using the IUP interface.

"Iup for Euphoria" is a, just new, wrapper for the IUP graphical toolkit. Both are by Greg Haberek.

The download for the editor is https://bitbucket.org/ghaberek/editor/downloads. You will want to download the mercurial repository to get the latest files--its "just new."

Because IUP is "just new" you get to be a pioneer and help develop this project.

My computer has so many variations of Euphoria (erased and re-installed) that I get false errors sometimes. Hence my idea to have a Puppy Linux testbed that anyone can reproduce--even Windows users can have a Euphoria system on a USB stick independent of their main computer. A pre-installed Euphoria on Linux is also an old Forum request as a good way for newcomers to get started with Euphoria programming.

_tom

4. Re: Testing IUP

_tom said...
K_D_R said...
_tom said...

Testing IUP

"Iup for Euphoria" is a, just new, wrapper for the IUP graphical toolkit. Both are by Greg Haberek.

The download for the editor is https://bitbucket.org/ghaberek/editor/downloads. You will want to download the mercurial repository to get the latest files--its "just new."

Perhaps Greg should change the source code file from "editor.ex" to "tee.ex" or "TEE.ex"

5. Re: Testing IUP

K_D_R said...
_tom said...
K_D_R said...
_tom said...

Testing IUP

Perhaps Greg should change the source code file from "editor.ex" to "tee.ex" or "TEE.ex"

The project is so new that I haven't bugged Greg enough about a trendy name for the editor and the IUP wrapper. It also needs a trendy logo.

(That doesn't make WEE any less a favorite for me. And WEE has an unbeatable "wee logo.")

_tom

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu