1. How to use the openuphoria admin contact system

Hi

The openeuphoria@gmail.com is an email address so that direct contact can be made with admins, whilst also preserving email anonymity for the admins, and filtering out a lot of junk circulating the internet now. I have already declined to take part in transferring millions of dollars from Nairobi to my account, for a very modest setup fee.

I digress, how to use.

Send your email to openeuphoria@gmail.com.

Include in the subject the euforum handle of the admin you wish to address. Any other subject will simply sit there for eternity. It is set up to be an unattended monitor.

So sending an email with the subject of C. K. Lester will not be forwarded to him, because that is not his handle.

Sending an email with the subject of euphoric and the email will be forwarded to him. The filter is set up to check for the presence of this word in the subject, so for instance "Help with memory poking jimcbrown" will also forward emails to JimCBrown. Just "Help with memory poking" will sit there unread, unforwarded, and unloved, until I go and do some housekeeping.

Just saw that Kat was unable to email, but I can't see your email on the openeuphoria mail list, so something has gone wrong somewhere else I think.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: How to use the openuphoria admin contact system

One thing I want to point out - when I tested this system out myself, I got hit by gmail's greylisting feature. It took close to a day for my email to arrive IIRC.

See http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/126386.wc

After a few more test emails, gmail seems to have learned about me and now my emails go through immediately.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: How to use the openuphoria admin contact system

ChrisB said...

Just saw that Kat was unable to email, but I can't see your email on the openeuphoria mail list, so something has gone wrong somewhere else I think.

Cheers

Chris

That's because you didn't say to use openeuphoria@gmail.com , you said in http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/126327.wc :

ChrisB said...

My email address (to avoid trawling through posts) is crylex at gmail dot com

So that is the email i bookmarked and then used. I seem to recall that someone was going to set up a button on the forum page for contacting, so people would not need think of rummaging thru previous posts for an email address.

Kat

4. Re: How to use the openuphoria admin contact system

katsmeow said...
ChrisB said...

So that is the email i bookmarked and then used.

I had the same issue sending email to ChrisB directly that I did with openeuphoria@gmail.com - which isn't suprising, since both addresses are from gmail.

5. Re: How to use the openuphoria admin contact system

katsmeow said...
ChrisB said...

Cheers

Chris

That's because you didn't say to use openeuphoria@gmail.com , you said in http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/126327.wc :

ChrisB said...

Yup, apologies, can see where the double meaning arose. Sorted now though?

A button would be a good thing.

Chris

So that is the email i bookmarked and then used. I seem to recall that someone was going to set up a button on the forum page for contacting, so people would not need think of rummaging thru previous posts for an email address.

Kat

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu