1. TIFF Page Counter

I have a rogue application (not mine) that is producing multi-page TIFFs but reporting the incorrect page count in the TIFF Tags in the header. I’m looking for a Freeware DLL file or something similar that can be linked into Euphoria to scan these files and correct the invalid page count. I think FreeImage can do it, but I’m not the best DLL wrapper. The solution can’t be an independent freestanding application as I need to read images on the fly and make decisions accordingly. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

OtterDad

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: TIFF Page Counter

otterdad said...

I’m looking for a Freeware DLL file or something similar

You don't need a DLL etc ... A Euphoria program could do this quite well.

The file format for a TIFF file can be found at here and at Adobe

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: TIFF Page Counter

Hi, I have never tried to process Tiff files with the help of freewares. Because I do't think the free tools online will have so many professional functions as the paid ones. I also want to look for some professional Tiff manipulator whose way of processing is simple and fast to help me with the related work. It will be better if it is totally manual and can be customized by users according to our own favors. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Peter

4. Re: TIFF Page Counter

otterdad said...

I have a rogue application (not mine) that is producing multi-page TIFFs but reporting the incorrect page count in the TIFF Tags in the header. I’m looking for a Freeware DLL file or something similar that can be linked into Euphoria to scan these files and correct the invalid page count. I think FreeImage can do it, but I’m not the best DLL wrapper. The solution can’t be an independent freestanding application as I need to read images on the fly and make decisions accordingly. Hope that makes sense. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

OtterDad

there is more than one image wrap on rapideuphoria archive. EuFreeImage by Mike Duffy works well, though you may have to supply your own sample to access a Tiff.

probably someone could help if you run into a problem. is not that complicated.

http://www.rapideuphoria.com/cgi-bin/asearch.exu?dos=on&win=on&lnx=on&gen=on&keywords=freeimage

5. Re: TIFF Page Counter

There is a short piece of code here written in VB:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?497622-VB6-Count-pages-in-a-multipage-tif-file-or-pdf-(no-dependencies)

Don't think it would be too much trouble to convert it to Euphoria?

Best of all, the routine does not need any external DLLs.

HTH, krg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu