1. Puppy Linux with Euphoria ready-to-go??

(I've just found out how to post a topic!)

Euphoria is a doddle to install on Win but Linux was a bit confusing for me. I'm really impressed with Puppy Linux - tiny but mighty! I've had Win viruses. Booting Puppy from a write-only CD, (with, say, 512Mb memory stick for a save-file), viruses can be coped with. After a few goes, I find Puppy easier than Win! I've downloaded an .iso, burnt a CD and tried:-

WaryPy2: Wary Puppy with Python ready-to-go. (teampython.wordpress/2012)

Why not cook up a WaryEu.iso or similar? Shaky Linux newbies could try Euphoria on Linux with it as an easy intro.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Puppy Linux with Euphoria ready-to-go??

newphil82 said...

Euphoria is a doddle to install on Win but Linux was a bit confusing for me. I'm really impressed with Puppy Linux - tiny but mighty! I've had Win viruses. Booting Puppy from a write-only CD, (with, say, 512Mb memory stick for a save-file), viruses can be coped with. After a few goes, I find Puppy easier than Win! I've downloaded an .iso, burnt a CD and tried:-

Why not cook up a WaryEu.iso or similar? Shaky Linux newbies could try Euphoria on Linux with it as an easy intro.

Go to http://rapideuphoria.com/v20.htm and download Euphoria ver 3.1.1 for Linux.

There is also descriptions of how to install it.

That version of Version of Euphoria should work on your version of Puppy.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Puppy Linux with Euphoria ready-to-go??

BRyan said...
newphil82 said...

Go to http://rapideuphoria.com/v20.htm and download Euphoria ver 3.1.1 for Linux.

There is also descriptions of how to install it.

That version of Version of Euphoria should work on your version of Puppy.

Or, go to http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/DownloadEuphoria.wc and get the latest. That should work equally well.

Of course, neither include a WaryEu.iso - which is what the OP is asking for. This is more likely to come out for 4.0+ than for 3.1.1 or earlier.

4. Re: Puppy Linux with Euphoria ready-to-go??

newphil82 said...

A great idea!

Maybe you have the energy to try this yourself--you will get advice from the forum if you try. I don't have the time to start a project like this.

But, try out OpenEuphoria Slax. Run O[ on any computer using a USB pendrive.

The Slax Linux download is about 215 MB and is especially easy to install from Windows (no extra software is needed other than unzipping an archive.) Any pendrive will work for this installation.

You will have to convert an O[ .deb to a Slax .sb module; Slax has the software to do this built-in.

The result is a Linux distribution on a USB pendrive with O[ ready to use. The Kate editor is pre-configured for use with O[ and the demos are ready to run.

Try my instructions found in the Wiki: http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/Euphoria_Slax_USB.wc

-tom

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu