1. IDE for Euphoria?

Because working with an ordianry text editor and a console is a little bit cumbersome, I've tried to install two different IDE's. The first one is EuVide, the second one is called Enhanced IDE, that I've downloaded from the rapideuphoria Windows Archive. It seems to me, that those two IDE's have the same roots or maybe one of them is in a further developement state. But the problem is, I couldn't get neither of them working.

First they complained that some libraries and files are missing. I downloaded and installed the missing parts. But now I get error messages and nothing will help. Unfortunately I don't know how to copy those messages because you can't copy and paste from inside a Command window.

Maybe those IDE's are written for Euphoria 3 and don't work with Euphoria 4?

Could somebody give me a hint, which versions of what will work together?

Or is there maybe a possibility to use another IDE that is independent from the Euphoria environment?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Norbert

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: IDE for Euphoria?

Norbert said...

Because working with an ordianry text editor and a console is a little bit cumbersome, I've tried to install two different IDE's. The first one is EuVide, the second one is called Enhanced IDE, that I've downloaded from the rapideuphoria Windows Archive. It seems to me, that those two IDE's have the same roots or maybe one of them is in a further developement state. But the problem is, I couldn't get neither of them working.

First they complained that some libraries and files are missing. I downloaded and installed the missing parts. But now I get error messages and nothing will help. Unfortunately I don't know how to copy those messages because you can't copy and paste from inside a Command window.

Maybe those IDE's are written for Euphoria 3 and don't work with Euphoria 4?

Could somebody give me a hint, which versions of what will work together?

Or is there maybe a possibility to use another IDE that is independent from the Euphoria environment?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Norbert

Hallo

For Eu4, Derek Parnell offered a working Version of the IDE a time ago. http://www.derekparnell.id.au/euide-v1.0.5a.zip

You will find the last version of Win32lib on Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:windows/freshness:recently-updated/?q=win32libex

Andreas

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: IDE for Euphoria?

Norbert said...

Unfortunately I don't know how to copy those messages because you can't copy and paste from inside a Command window.

Well, you can in winxp and win95.

• Try a left click on the icon in the top left of the dosbox, that opens a dropdown menu, you can mouse the menu.
  • Right click in the body of the dosbox, that gets you a popup menu, you can mouse that menu.

For "mark"ing text, the cursor changes, you left-mouse-drag it around from where it is, or click somewhere to re-place it and start dragging from the new place. The highlited section is block-mode, not line-mode.

Apparently, there's gremlins, by all my experiences with copy/paste today <sigh>

useless

4. Re: IDE for Euphoria?

useless_ said...
Norbert said...

Unfortunately I don't know how to copy those messages because you can't copy and paste from inside a Command window.

Well, you can in winxp and win95.

• Try a left click on the icon in the top left of the dosbox, that opens a dropdown menu, you can mouse the menu.
  • Right click in the body of the dosbox, that gets you a popup menu, you can mouse that menu.

For "mark"ing text, the cursor changes, you left-mouse-drag it around from where it is, or click somewhere to re-place it and start dragging from the new place. The highlited section is block-mode, not line-mode.

Apparently, there's gremlins, by all my experiences with copy/paste today <sigh>

useless

And this works with any other windows version I knows of: windows nt4/2000/server 2003/server 2008/xp/vista/7/8

Jacques

5. Re: IDE for Euphoria?

Thank you for the hints about copying the content from a command window. Here is the error message:

c:\Euphoria\includes\IDE_about.ew:108 <0074>:: Errors resolving the following references: 'Win32LibVersionEx' (includes\IDE_about.ew:108) has not been declared.

setText(LText8,sprintf(MsgNos[10][3] ,{Win32LibVersionEx[1],Win32LibVersionE x[2],Win32LibVersionEx[3],Win32LibVersionEx[4]} ) & " " & Win32LibVersionEx[5])

^

Press Enter

I hope, somebody can decipher this for me.

Norbert

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu