1. [OT] Qt 5.0 was just released

Qt 5.0 was just released, today. I hope to see an updated version of EuQt soon.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Qt 5.0 was just released

GreenEuphorian said...

Qt 5.0 was just released, today.

except for bug fixes, I think more effort has been put into QtQuick and mobile than in any of the widgets. was too much of a moving target to wrap and nowhere near a complete widget set last time I looked. I haven't keep up with 5.x.x much at all.

for a little while, any important bug fixes might be backported to 4.8.x. is there anything in particular better than 4.7 or 4.8?

I would expect much of what is wrapped already will work with few changes. I'll get a copy and look at the changelog, probably not till after the first of the year.

GreenEuphorian said...

I hope to see an updated version of EuQt soon.

get a dev system installed and run qmake & make. Qt itself is quite time consuming to download and build but the dev SDK system should be prebuilt and be able to build euqt just fine. no promises.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [OT] Qt 5.0 was just released

ne1uno said...
GreenEuphorian said...

I hope to see an updated version of EuQt soon.

get a dev system installed and run qmake & make. Qt itself is quite time consuming to download and build but the dev SDK system should be prebuilt and be able to build euqt just fine. no promises.

ok, curiosity got the better of me, I'll have to amend a little if you are on a windows system, per some information on http://planet.qt-project.org/

they have yet to release an SDK with minGW because webkit in Qt5 does not yet build. in theory, euqt should build with the MSVC free or pro compiler against Qt but I haven't tried either yet. I remembered too, it usually takes a few weeks after a release to get an SDK ready for a release with the new IDE QtCreator built and packaged with the release.

also, officially, Qt 5 should be mostly source compatible with Qt 4.5-8 so no surprises there.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu