1. system_exec error

Greetings, Earthlings,

Running v4.0.4 eui.exe vs v4.1.0.Nov28 on the following code:

zipcmdline = "\"C:\\Program Files\\7-Zip\\7z.exe\" e \"\\\\Tiggrbox\\C\\storage.googleapis.com\\books\\ngrams\\books\\"  & 
                zipreaddir[zipindex][1] & "\" -oD:\\ngrams\\" 

puts(1,"\n\n"&zipcmdline&"\n\n") 

system_exec(zipcmdline,2) 

, v4.0.4 runs fine, except after 5 days the writefile for that app is truncated at 2^32 bytes, and the memory leak issues around DLLs. However, v4.1.0.Nov28 reports this:

unzipping googlebooks-eng-all-5gram-20090715-0.csv.zip 

"C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" e "\\Tiggrbox\C\storage.googleapis.com\books\ngr 
ams\books\googlebooks-eng-all-5gram-20090715-0.csv.zip" -oD:\ngrams\ 

7-Zip 4.65  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-02-03 

Error: 
Incorrect command line 
How do i fix this? At first glance i'd tell me to munge the code so v4.1.0.Nov28 runs it, but then the back of my mind keeps yelling at me this is an incompatability that will break all the codebase i have which uses system_exec() (and maybe system() as well). This might be a Good Thing, so i know i am using the v4.1.0.Nov28 which isn't leaky, but is this the sort of code enforcement i want?

useless

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: system_exec error

This is how you make it run on v4.1.0.Nov28 :

zipcmdline = "\"C:\\Program Files\\7-Zip\\7z.exe\" e \"\\\\Tiggrbox\\C\\storage.googleapis.com\\books\\ngrams\\books\\"  & 
                zipreaddir[zipindex][1] & "\" -oD:\\ngrams\\" 

puts(1,"\n\n"&zipcmdline&"\n\n") 

system("\""&zipcmdline&"\"",2) 

You just overquote everything to death. And change from system_exec() to system(). Why?, i dunno, and atm i cannot run this on v4.0.4 because the files are in use, but i bet you it won't run on v4.0.4!

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu