1. Which windows version?

Hi to all! My question is : Which version of Euphoria for windows is well tested and work properly on windows? And with which include version? There are lot of different versions... Huh

in first place i still cannot run or interpret any version in normal way. Which editor is recomended? I have found one (i think older include file(header) win32lib.ew who have interesting aproach to windowProcedure. I think that is written by author Robert Craig. So i would like to know which windows version work with this header? I also have found include file by Andrea Cini - which looks quite bare-bone and looks simple to use. Still i don't get it how work.

I must say that i use win32 gui api headers in many other languages and work fine but here is a such a confusion with versions and many authors ???

thanks advance PS.I have in plan to modify my own scintilla-based code editor to work with openEuphoria. Is anyone can tell me how look command line to run specific example? thanks... benston

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Which windows version?

Hello,
I would suggest the latest Euphoria v405 with Win32lib v0.70.20.
Euphoria is availible via the "download" tab on this site, Win32lib is on sourceforge.net
They are compatible with Win 2000, Win XP through Win 7.
I am unsure about Win 8. AFAIK, Win 98 sp2 will also work, with some extra windows DLL's
If you search here for "Kat" or "useless" postings, you should find mentions of the win98 compatibility.
HTH!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Which windows version?

benston said...

Hi to all! My question is : Which version of Euphoria for windows is well tested and work properly on windows? And with which include version? There are lot of different versions... Huh

in first place i still cannot run or interpret any version in normal way. Which editor is recomended? I have found one (i think older include file(header) win32lib.ew who have interesting aproach to windowProcedure. I think that is written by author Robert Craig. So i would like to know which windows version work with this header? I also have found include file by Andrea Cini - which looks quite bare-bone and looks simple to use. Still i don't get it how work.

I must say that i use win32 gui api headers in many other languages and work fine but here is a such a confusion with versions and many authors ???

thanks advance PS.I have in plan to modify my own scintilla-based code editor to work with openEuphoria. Is anyone can tell me how look command line to run specific example? thanks... benston

The current stable version is version 4.0.5 available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapideuphoria/files/Euphoria/
It works with Windows XP and Windows 7

Win32lib suggested above is an excellent and well-tried product for GUI applications, but it has very limited support here and there is no further releases expected. It is only available for windows applications.

wxEuphoria is well-supported and works for GUI applications under Windows XP, windows 7 and Linux.
http://wxeuphoria.sourceforge.net/download.html

4. Re: Which windows version?

EUWX said...

Win32lib ... it has very limited support here and there is no further releases expected.

This is not quite as accurate as it could be.

• It is supported to the same extent other third-party libraries here are.
  • Further releases are expected to be made.

5. Re: Which windows version?

DerekParnell said...
EUWX said...

Win32lib ... it has very limited support here and there is no further releases expected.

This is not quite as accurate as it could be.

• It is supported to the same extent other third-party libraries here are.
  • Further releases are expected to be made.

fizzpopsoft said to look for win32lib at sourceforge. So I looked, and could not find it.
Perhaps a URL to help the questioner might be useful, if you think it will be fully supported.

6. Re: Which windows version?

Hi EUWX,

If you go to the Sourceforge page for Euphoria there is a section of recommended projects about 1/3 of the way down on the right side of the page which has a link for win32 library.

Lonny
Forked into: Finding Win32Lib

7. Re: Which windows version?

Thanks guys on replay-s. ;) I am only interested for native win32 gui api version. I don't use linux,wx ..etc. And i know what is latest release of Euphoria. BUT as I ask ,i am not sure which version of win32lib to use. Let me clear a little bit more. This include which i have found is win32lib which is tested with eu 2.4

8. Re: Which windows version?

This comment block is in this include file:

' This library is based on ' Copyrighted (c) 2000-4 Author Bernard W. Ryan ' w32engin.ew Verison 7.20 library. ' Changes by Igor N. Kachan for the w32engiR.ew project

So,is there anyone here who can tell me with which version of Euphoria work this version of win32lib ? And where i can find examples who work with this lib? thanks...

9. Re: Which windows version?

Well it is not really easy to find and understand which version of library to use with which version of Euphoria. Now , i am not sure is even this proper library who I want to use. Is this presented lib by me written in OOP way ? I would like to use win GUI library who is written in non OOP way. Because is easier to folow what is what. What might you recomnend me if i want to use non OOP library for windows programming? thanks advance... benston...

10. Re: Which windows version?

benston said...

This comment block is in this include file:

' This library is based on ' Copyrighted (c) 2000-4 Author Bernard W. Ryan ' w32engin.ew Verison 7.20 library. ' Changes by Igor N. Kachan for the w32engiR.ew project

So,is there anyone here who can tell me with which version of Euphoria work this version of win32lib ? And where i can find examples who work with this lib? thanks...

Hallo

what you have is not win32lib is the win32engine, another wrapper.

Follow this link, and download win32lib.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32libex

I think you have allready downloaded OpenEuphoria 4.0.5

Copy the content of the win32lib zip file into a separate folder inside your Euphoria folder.

Say your folder for Euphoria is c:\eutest

Create c:\eutest\win32lib and copy the content of the win32lib into this directory

Edit c:\eutest\bin\eu.cfg and add a include line for win32lib. It should look like this:

[all] 
-i C:\eutest\include 
-i c:\eutest\win32lib\include 

The demo Programs for win32lib now are in c:\eutest\win32lib\demo

To start a demo program follow this example:

c:\eutest\bin\euiw.exe c:\eutest\win32lib\demo\rundemos.exw

euiw.exe is the Interpreter, rundemos.exw is the demoprogram to run.

Hope this helps Andreas

11. Re: Which windows version?

benston said...

Well it is not really easy to find and understand which version of library to use with which version of Euphoria. Now , i am not sure is even this proper library who I want to use. Is this presented lib by me written in OOP way ? I would like to use win GUI library who is written in non OOP way. Because is easier to folow what is what. What might you recomnend me if i want to use non OOP library for windows programming? thanks advance... benston...

Hallo

win32lib is not OOP, OpenEuphoria is not OOP.

I think no Win32 Api wrapper is OOP. So you can choose the one you like the most. Win32lib is the best documented and most complete wrapper (for native Win32)

Andreas

12. Re: Which windows version?

OK Andreas... I will folow your instructions... ;) And i hope that will work this time...huh!

13. Re: Which windows version?

Thanks Andreas .. I will try your way ... By the way what about code editor who work fine on windowsXp with latest release. I have Nexus in source code and dll s ...what you think?

14. Re: Which windows version?

benston said...

Thanks Andreas .. I will try your way ... By the way what about code editor who work fine on windowsXp with latest release. I have Nexus in source code and dll s ...what you think?

Hallo

You, can check the Wiki for Editors.

I use Edita, from Pete Lomax, for most of my Euphoria editing. You will find it here:

http://www.edita.is-great.org/

The actual version of SynWrite has also Basic Euphoria support. Adding keywords shouldn't be that hard. I will give it a try.

http://www.uvviewsoft.com/synwrite/

Andreas

BTW: This is 'not' my way ;) I didn't use Win32lib regulary.

15. Re: Which windows version?

EUWX said...

fizzpopsoft said to look for win32lib at sourceforge. So I looked, and could not find it.

I'm sorry that Sourceforge's search ability is unable to find the project using "win32lib" as the search argument. In hindsight, it was a mistake to name the project "win32libex" but it's too hard to change that now. I'll look into ways to have Sourceforge find it more easily.

16. Re: Which windows version?

It finally works.. thanks Andreas..;) Nexus work ,even have some little problems with redrawing editor window but work ok. I don't tried Edita yet ,but i will.

17. Re: Which windows version?

DerekParnell said...
EUWX said...

I'm sorry that Sourceforge's search ability is unable to find the project using "win32lib" as the search argument. In hindsight, it was a mistake to name the project "win32libex" but it's too hard to change that now. I'll look into ways to have Sourceforge find it more easily.

When I registered it, they rejected Win32Lib (correctly) as too generic. I probably should have put eu or euphoria in there somewhere, but I think that at the time, I was adding stuff into Dave Cuny's original work, and it wasn't the official project / repository until later.

Matt

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu