1. image directly on the desktop

How do I display an image directly on the desktop, without windows or edges.

I want to display an image on the desktop, the same as the icons are displayed.

This is possible with Euphoria?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: image directly on the desktop

I guess that you must use a transparent border-less window to achieve this and it will allow you to display images with irregular forms and transparent background. Not really sure anyway...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: image directly on the desktop

Raul said...

I guess that you must use a transparent border-less window to achieve this and it will allow you to display images with irregular forms and transparent background. Not really sure anyway...

I'm pretty sure that's not all.

Has anyone done a work of these and could send a copy?

4. Re: image directly on the desktop

For those who want to know.

This work was solved with the library Modified EuWinGui Designer, made by Andreas Wagner.

This library has features for viewing images anywhere on the screen, no windows, no borders, no background color.

Thanks to Andreas Wagner.

5. Re: image directly on the desktop

sergelli said...

This library has features for viewing images anywhere on the screen, no windows, no borders, no background color.

Hallo Sergio

i don't want to disappoint you, but there is no 'special' feature in my library. It's just the Windowsapi BitBlt() function. The trick with drawing the 2 pictures ('mask' with everything 'white' as transparent, and the original 'picture' with everything 'black' as transparent) is as old as Windows itself (okay, I know it's there at least since Win3.0). The handle for the Desktop Window is always '0'.

That's all.

Someone familiar with Win32lib should have the ability to do the same.(or also Arwen,w32engine etc.)

If someone is interrested, i packed the code with the last 'Snapshot' of the Designer/tinewg here: http://euphoria.indonesianet.de/source.zip

(btw: the designer is in an 'unusable state' in this archive)

Andreas

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu