1. How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth of a program ?

How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth(for example 16 or 32-bit) of a program ?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth of a program ?

tamajongphilip said...

How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth(for example 16 or 32-bit) of a program ?

Color bit depth is a function of the operating system, not the individual application. On Windows, this can generally be changed under the "Monitor" tab of the Advanced configuration for your video card.

I deleted your duplicate thread- please refrain from hitting "Submit" too many times.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth of a program ?

It is possible to set the monitor colour depth from a Euphoria program. A few years ago I came across a game called Hexy which does that, written by Mark K akita. This still works using Euphoria version 4.

Akita wrote wrappers around a "Simple Direct Media Layer" written by Sam Lantinga. Hexy appeared to use SDL_init, SDL_SetVideoMode and several more routines from this library. However, They are not documented with the Haxy release so I don't know how to use them.

The wrappers may be obtained separately from the game. I searched the archive for Akita. I found Sam Latinga's library on the web.

4. Re: How do you make a DLL that can set the colour depth of a program ?

ArthurCrump said...

It is possible to set the monitor colour depth from a Euphoria program. A few years ago I came across a game called Hexy which does that, written by Mark K akita. This still works using Euphoria version 4.

Akita wrote wrappers around a "Simple Direct Media Layer" written by Sam Lantinga. Hexy appeared to use SDL_init, SDL_SetVideoMode and several more routines from this library. However, They are not documented with the Haxy release so I don't know how to use them.

The wrappers may be obtained separately from the game. I searched the archive for Akita. I found Sam Latinga's library on the web.

It would seem that SDL_SetVideoMode creates a "new" video mode session for the application; it does not change the option set in Windows. This is useful for many 3D games to save on resource usage on low-end hardware.

-Greg

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu