1. wxEuphoria vs wine

On xubuntu

$ wine eui dmak.exw 
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\plugplay.exe" 
fixme:console:GetConsoleProcessList (0x81f7b4,3): stub 
Then it makes an error message consisting of 1500 lines of wxEuphoria things that it doesn't understand.

There is no message that it can't find wxEuphoria.

The files 'libwxeu.dll' and 'wxeud.e' are in the same directory as dmak, so there shouldn't be any problem finding them. The program worked before and I didn't change it.

The 'plugplay.exe' problem happens when I run AOE but doesn't stop it from running AOE from the command line.

The wxeud.e file says it's this version:
wxEuphoria_Version = {0,16,0},

How can I get wxEuphoria happening on wine?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wxEuphoria vs wine

Jerry_Story said...

The files 'libwxeu.dll' and 'wxeud.e' are in the same directory as dmak, so there shouldn't be any problem finding them. The program worked before and I didn't change it.

The libwxeu.dll should be in the same directory as your interpreter. Basically, Windows searches in the executable's directory and system directories. Unless you have your interpreter in the same directory as dmak, the dll shouldn't be put there.

Jerry_Story said...

The 'plugplay.exe' problem happens when I run AOE but doesn't stop it from running AOE from the command line.

The wxeud.e file says it's this version:
wxEuphoria_Version = {0,16,0},

How can I get wxEuphoria happening on wine?

Rather than running the interpreter directly, you might try something like:

$ wine wineconsole eui dmak 

The "wineconsole" part will cause a console to pop up. The windows interpreter uses windows console functions, not vanilla STDOUT, so the output doesn't show up in your normal terminal on Linux.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu