1. open EU libraries / functions?

Has there been any consideration of an open libraries tab in OpenEuphoria? It would help with the expansion of EUs usage and provide some real world examples. It would help me learn how to better use the language and reduce the amount of time it takes to program applications.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

Anthill said...

Has there been any consideration of an open libraries tab in OpenEuphoria? It would help with the expansion of EUs usage and provide some real world examples. It would help me learn how to better use the language and reduce the amount of time it takes to program applications.

That would be easy to do in the Wiki. I'll set an area up for it. bbs.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

On the front page of the Wiki there is now a link to the User Contributions page. That page contains links to contributions of code - programs and routines - made by anyone.

To add a contribution, ...

• Go to the User Contributions page and start editing it.
  • On that page there is a table of contributions. Add a new row to the table and add the Type (procedure, function, program), the name of the wiki page (you get to make up a name here).
  • After saving this page, click on the new link to your contribution page. This will start a blank wiki page for you to place your contribution.

Note that I've made a column in the contributions table to allow people to update the 'like' assessment of a contribution. I guess we can then make popular contribution and move the to the officially supported library.

4. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

DerekParnell said...

On the front page of the Wiki there is now a link to the User Contributions page. That page contains links to contributions of code - programs and routines - made by anyone.

To add a contribution, ...

• Go to the User Contributions page and start editing it.
  • On that page there is a table of contributions. Add a new row to the table and add the Type (procedure, function, program), the name of the wiki page (you get to make up a name here).
  • After saving this page, click on the new link to your contribution page. This will start a blank wiki page for you to place your contribution.

Note that I've made a column in the contributions table to allow people to update the 'like' assessment of a contribution. I guess we can then make popular contribution and move the to the officially supported library.

I think this is a good idea, but I still feel like asking this question.

What is the ecological niche of this, as compared and/or contrasted with the archives? And the Sample Code wiki page?

5. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

jimcbrown said...

What is the ecological niche of this, as compared and/or contrasted with the archives? And the Sample Code wiki page?

Such contributions are neither archival material nor sample code, IMHO.

6. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

DerekParnell said...
jimcbrown said...

Works for me. What's the age limit for code on the User Contribution pages? What's the deletion policy in general?

7. Re: open EU libraries / functions?

jimcbrown said...
DerekParnell said...
jimcbrown said...

Works for me. What's the age limit for code on the User Contribution pages? What's the deletion policy in general?

It's a wiki ... stuff hangs around forever smile

But seriously, does it matter? I suspect that non-useful contributions will be edited by the community to be improved where possible.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu