1. eubind icon option broken?

Can't get eubind to set an icon with -icon option; comes out badger no matter what. (I was trying it with eufile.ico). Is it even reading this option? If I put in a non-existent icon file it doesn't give an error...

(And how do you make a dash on this forum without it turning into strikeout text? I use dashes a lot.)

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: eubind icon option broken?

I apologize... mongoose. That would really be something if it made it a badger everytime...

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: eubind icon option broken?

AndySerpa said...

Can't get eubind to set an icon with -icon option; comes out mongoose no matter what. (I was trying it with eufile.ico). Is it even reading this option? If I put in a non-existent icon file it doesn't give an error...

Known bug, not solved yet. Only workaround is to use a generic .exe icon changer. (Or translate your code instead.... and hope that your code is bug free.)

AndySerpa said...

(And how do you make a dash on this forum without it turning into --strikeout-- text? I use dashes a lot.)

Use three curly braces, like this:

{{{--strikeout--}}} 

4. Re: eubind icon option broken?

jimcbrown said...
AndySerpa said...

Can't get eubind to set an icon with -icon option; comes out mongoose no matter what. (I was trying it with eufile.ico). Is it even reading this option? If I put in a non-existent icon file it doesn't give an error...

Known bug, not solved yet. Only workaround is to use a generic .exe icon changer. (Or translate your code instead.... and hope that your code is bug free.)

Ticket is at ticket:197 and a thread about this is at message:112480

5. Re: eubind icon option broken?

Hmmm... really could do without the mongoose for stuff I give to clients, and I like have debugging turned on (or I'd give them a compiled version instead). Where is the mongoose coming from? The backend? Can I replace it with something else by re-compiling something?

6. Re: eubind icon option broken?

AndySerpa said...

Hmmm... really could do without the mongoose for stuff I give to clients, and I like have debugging turned on (or I'd give them a compiled version instead). Where is the mongoose coming from? The backend? Can I replace it with something else by re-compiling something?

It's the icon used when eub.exe (and eubw.exe ) is built. If you build your own Euphoria from source, then changing this is easy. Just edit eub.rc (or eubw.rc ) and replace euphoria.ico in "eui ICON euphoria.ico" with the name of your desired icon. (It might help if you copy your icon to the same directory as eub.rc , but it might just work if you specify a full path. I haven't tried that.) Then copy the new eub.exe / eubw.exe over your old installation and rebind your program. It should have your new icon.

7. Re: eubind icon option broken?

Wouldn't it be a bit easier to just temporarily replace the euphoria.ico with the icon you want to use?

8. Re: eubind icon option broken?

BTW, if compiling Euphoria yourself, should what "noassert" be set to? (i.e. what is it set to in release version?)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu