1. EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0

Hi,

Is anybody using EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0?

EuCOM works fine with Eu v3.1.1 and EuVIDE v1.0.4 (by Judith Evans).

I tried to install Eu v4.0 and modified IDE (following the instructions for "IDE for Eu4.0" link). IDE projects are opened properly but I am getting ODBC error HY000 with error code 100013 - TCP/IP socket creation error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards, Rad.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0

Rad said...

Hi,

Is anybody using EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0?

EuCOM works fine with Eu v3.1.1 and EuVIDE v1.0.4 (by Judith Evans).

I tried to install Eu v4.0 and modified IDE (following the instructions for "IDE for Eu4.0" link). IDE projects are opened properly but I am getting ODBC error HY000 with error code 100013 - TCP/IP socket creation error.

Any suggestions?

What COM object are you trying to use? It's not clear what you're doing to get the error. Is it the IDE giving you the error? Your program?

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0

mattlewis said...

What COM object are you trying to use? It's not clear what you're doing to get the error. Is it the IDE giving you the error? Your program?

Hi Matt,

I am using an application registration ActiveX OCX file as com object. IDE is not generating any errors, but when I use F5 or F6 within IDE to run my project, at the time of accessing MySQL database I am getting this error with Eu4.0 + Win32Lib 0.7.20.

But the same code and setup is working fine with Eu3.1.1 + Win32Lib 0.7.20.

On second thoughts, it might be an issue with odbc.e and not EuCOM.

Thanks & Regards, Rad.

4. Re: EuCOM with Euphoria v4.0

Actual issue was with my firewall software!

The new Eu4.0 executables (eui.exe, euiw.exe etc.) were not getting automatically questioned/registered with the firewall. After manually tagging all the exes as trustworthy in firewall, the problem got solved and I could connect to MySQL database.

Thanks & Regards, Rad.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu