1. windows 7 - 64 bit

Hi
I used Euphoria years ago and loved it. I downloaded the 3.1 version and tried to run a hello world program and Win 7 told me that the program wasn't compatible with a 64 bit envitonment. Does v4 work in a 64 bit environment? Anybody got any advice about using Euphoria in Win 7?

Simulat

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: windows 7 - 64 bit

I don't think Eu3.1 had any problems with a 64 bit OS. What you were probably doing is trying to run a Euphoria DOS program and that is not supported by a 64 bit OS.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: windows 7 - 64 bit

simulat said...

Hi
I used Euphoria years ago and loved it. I downloaded the 3.1 version and tried to run a hello world program and Win 7 told me that the program wasn't compatible with a 64 bit envitonment. Does v4 work in a 64 bit environment? Anybody got any advice about using Euphoria in Win 7?

Simulat

Can you post the "hello world" program here?

Also, what was the actual error message from Win7. For example, does it explicitly say which program was not compatible?

4. Re: windows 7 - 64 bit

I get the same thing here when running ex.exe. That is for DOS systems only. For any modern windows OS you want to run exw.exe for windowed programs and exwc.exe for console programs. Or, download 4.0 now that the official release is out. It really is much more plesant to program in.

Jeremy

5. Re: windows 7 - 64 bit

Thanks everyone - I'll give v4 a try

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu