1. CPU Contest Submissions

Hello,

Thus far I have received submissions from:

• jimcbrown
  • PeteE
  • ChrisB
  • coconut
  • jeremy

I know more are coming, the due date has not yet arrived. Anyway, I wanted to say (especially to those above) that a few example .cpu files have been placed on the contesting scm repository. I did not run any of the emulators yet, but you may want to test against those CPU files as some is what I will be using during the judging phase.

There are .cpu files which are the CPU programs themselves. There is then an associated .out file which is the expected output. You should do something such as:

% eui mycpu.ex basics.cpu > basics.me 
% diff basics.out basics.me 

If there is any output from diff, then your CPU is not compliant (or you've discovered a bug in basics.cpu smile As of this writing, these should be tested:

• basics.cpu
  • life.cpu
  • fib.cpu
  • gcd.cpu

If you need to resubmit, you can do so up until the deadline. Once the deadline has passed, what I have is what will be kept, error or not.

The SCM repo is: hg:contest. For this exact contest, please view: hg:contest/file/default/2010-12-15-cpu.

Jeremy

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: CPU Contest Submissions

Starting to look around the CPU submissions. I see that some are not totally up to spec, especially with some of the ammendments, for example the one that says ram addr 0 is -1, and all others are to be zero.

Just adding a friendly reminder since those were added after the initial post. Please check your submissions and send me another email if you wish. Accepting submissions until the deadline, Dec 15, 7pm EST. Please indicate in your email if it is an additional submission or if it should replace your previous submission.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: CPU Contest Submissions

jeremy said...

Thus far I have received submissions from:

• jimcbrown
  • PeteE
  • ChrisB
  • coconut
  • jeremy

Adding to that is:

• ne1uno
  • heber
  • petelomax
  • mattlewis
  • euphoric

There are still a few more that I know are developing CPU programs. It's not too late to start, there is still 23 hours! Some have reported it taking only an hour to complete and quite fun as you can see from all the chatter on the forum.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu