1. Release Candidate 2 Released!

One month after RC1, RC2 has been released! Many bugs were fixed, and the distribution enhanced, in addition to releases for more platforms:

Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD and OSX

Visit the downloads page to download. For a list of changes, see the Release Notes

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

It's important that everyone test RC2 that can. We are going to leave RC2 out there for two weeks. If no significant bugs are found, then we will move to 4.0 final in two weeks. So... have fun playing with RC2 and please use the ticket system if you find anything!

Thanks,

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Hi

Need a generic Linux package. I can extract from a .deb manually, but its a pain.

Ta

Chris

4. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

ChrisB said...

Hi

Need a generic Linux package. I can extract from a .deb manually, but its a pain.

What distro are you running? You might find it easier to use the source package, which is pre-translated. So after extracting, you should be able to:

$ cd path/to/eu/source 
$ ./configure 
$ make 
...and get the build process going.

Matt

5. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

ChrisB said...

I made a generic Linux install last release but too many people couldn't use it because of the wide variety of libc versions out there on the different Linux distributions. You should be able to download the Linux source release and compile w/o having any previous Euphoria installation.

$ wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapideuphoria/files/Rapid%20Euphoria/4.0.0.RC2/Linux/euphoria_4.0.0-eu2-RC.2.tar.gz/download 
$ cd euphoria_4.0.0-eu2-RC.2/source 
$ ./configure 
$ make 
$ make install 

On IRC they are talking about how to build a generic release right now that would have more success. So, up to you if you want to wait and see if they come up with anything or just build from sources above and be assured it will work on your exact distributions.

Jeremy

6. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

I tried to download the pdf, and I get a damaged file warning.

_tom

7. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

_tom said...

I tried to download the pdf, and I get a damaged file warning.

Tom, on IRC we verified that the PDF is opening OK in Adobe AcroReader, Sumatra and Okular.

What viewer are you using? Maybe that will help us debug the problem.

Jeremy

8. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

I am at a library using Internet Explorer 7, it reports "file damaged".

9. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

_tom said...

Can you try downloading it and viewing it from the desktop? It may not allow that being at a Library. I am wondering if their Internet connection is dropping a packet or two. I've had that problem with IE before and viewing the file internally. Saving it always seems to be more robust.

Jeremy

10. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

_tom said...

I also just added the "monochrome" PDF file, give it a try as well from the DownloadEuphoria page.

Jeremy

11. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Hi

Here we go!

Running configure in the source directory

export: 356: rc2/euphoria-4.0/source: bad variable name 
Press any key to continue... 

Chris

Edit

Folder name had a space in it - renamed without a space, error went away

Chris

12. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

ChrisB said...

Running configure in the source directory

export: 356: rc2/euphoria-4.0/source: bad variable name 
Press any key to continue... 

Edit

Folder name had a space in it - renamed without a space, error went away

That's good to know, thanks.

Jeremy

13. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Hi

Well, it ran through the build, and tried to run a program, and I got a fatal run time error, 3rd argument of find_from() is out of bounds.

During the build, I got a few errors, a common one (not sure if it was the only one),

/home/crylex/eu4rc2/euphoria-4.0/source/../include/std/map.e:708 in procedure put()  
second argument of hash() must not be a negative integer.  

Need to output the errors to a dump file though to see them all reliably.

Honestly, I really don't want to do this, all I want is a working euphoria (sobs quietly), can you not just build it against the same set of libs that you did for the last one?

Chris

14. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

ChrisB said...

Hi

Well, it ran through the build, and tried to run a program, and I got a fatal run time error, 3rd argument of find_from() is out of bounds.

During the build, I got a few errors, a common one (not sure if it was the only one),

/home/crylex/eu4rc2/euphoria-4.0/source/../include/std/map.e:708 in procedure put()  
second argument of hash() must not be a negative integer.  

Need to output the errors to a dump file though to see them all reliably.

Honestly, I really don't want to do this, all I want is a working euphoria (sobs quietly), can you not just build it against the same set of libs that you did for the last one?

Chris

Do eubins work for you? Or do they give you library issues as well?

15. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Hi

Don't know, will try another day, bed time.

Cheers

Chris

16. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Tried Euphoria version 4 - RC2 (windows installer) only with wxEuphoria in my root directory which happens to be E: instead of C: The installer worked well and the Ver 4 - RC1 was stored away in a backup folder. OS is XP prof 32 bit. CPU is AMD64 - I think it is just a dual core. From the wxEuphoria, two files are in the euphoria BIN folder now and the Euphoria\include has the wxeuphoria's Include file. These were manually put (as directed) in the Version RC! and got automatically transferred to the latest. I did not try to compile wxWidgets from source. Should I use 2.8.11 or 2.9.1? I have several C compilers installed, including the latest Watcom, Borland, Mingw, Digital Mars, Clang, MSVC

The following .exw executions seem a little bit off. I will test again tomorrow. Alert Example Rubber Button Text Textfielex

The rest executed well, i.e. I think they did what they were supposed to do.

I haven't tested the Win32Lib with RC2 yet. I notice that in the Tests direcotry there are a lot of folders with control.err saying expected this but found that. Since I have not used the DOS level tests before, i am only mentioning this for information.

To get going with Version 4 - RC1 was not difficult and the RC2 installation and "up and running" was fast.

17. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

ChrisB said...

Chris, I made a generic Linux build as I did for RC1. Please see wiki:DownloadEuphoria for the links.

Jeremy

18. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

Hi

You're a star mate, thanks.

It's morning now, and had some sleep (I've just been on call 5 nights out of 6, and was pretty phased). I would have eventually got round to trying the latest eubins, once my brain caught up, however I'll check out the RC in the next few days.

Ta

Chris

19. Re: Release Candidate 2 Released!

could we always have a generic (.tar.gz) archive made available for new releases ?

Thanks

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu