1. Euphoria ED Editor Bugs?

Hey Guys,

I've been using the euphoria ed editor with 4.0 RC. I've noticed that there seems to be this bug, when I goto delete some text, the text below it or above it gets garbled with the text I am deleting. I often have to run my program, get an error, go back to the editor which fixes the garbled text, but its kind of annoying. Just though I'd point that out. Also, I tried using Judiath Evan's IDE, but it wouldn't compile correctley.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria ED Editor Bugs?

Hi

IMHO ed should only be kept in the euphoria installation as a historical example, and shouldn't be used as a serious text editor.

I take it that when you mean Jusith Evan's IDE wouldn't compile, you mean that it wouldn't run when you asked it to run. In this case its using the interpreter to interpret and run your program. IDE expects to find exw.exe to run the program (a hangover from the 3.x days, that hasn't been updated yet). The workaround is to copy, in the bin folder, eui.exe to exw.exe, then when you run the program from the IDE it runs.

I believe there are better editors out there than either of these for editing your programs. There will no doubt be loads of suggestions, but for me

EditPlus for Windows Kate for Linux

Both have syntax highlighting for euphoria.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria ED Editor Bugs?

ChrisB said...

Hi

IMHO ed should only be kept in the euphoria installation as a historical example, and shouldn't be used as a serious text editor.

I take it that when you mean Jusith Evan's IDE wouldn't compile, you mean that it wouldn't run when you asked it to run. In this case its using the interpreter to interpret and run your program. IDE expects to find exw.exe to run the program (a hangover from the 3.x days, that hasn't been updated yet). The workaround is to copy, in the bin folder, eui.exe to exw.exe, then when you run the program from the IDE it runs.

I believe there are better editors out there than either of these for editing your programs. There will no doubt be loads of suggestions, but for me

EditPlus for Windows Kate for Linux

Both have syntax highlighting for euphoria.

Chris

Well thanks for the tip, although I'm under Windows, so I need a editor that works under Windows.

4. Re: Euphoria ED Editor Bugs?

Hi

http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/Editors.wc

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu