1. old account

when i created my account it says its old. why is this? i had an account long time ago but the site has completely changed since then and i had to create a new account. why does it say its old then?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: old account

apeto said...

when i created my account it says its old. why is this? i had an account long time ago but the site has completely changed since then and i had to create a new account. why does it say its old then?

When and what was the name of the old account?

I think this is a minor issue with the way the forum works. When a new user account is created, no security question or answer is required. So the next time you log in, you will be asked to update your account with this security information (in case you ever forget your password).

However, older accounts (from before when the security information system was implemented) also lacked this information. So the page that you are sent to talks about upgrading older accounts. (Actually, the same web page handles migration of older accounts and handling security qna.) In short - your account is new, not old, you can ignore the message from the website.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: old account

Its a forum bug- I created a new account and the same thing happens. There is no security question field on the signup page. The first login triggers the account upgrade page. Attempting to complete the form results in a machine-level exception. It looks like the account upgrade is triggering on new accounts as well as old?

4. Re: old account

CoJaBo said...

There is no security question field on the signup page. The first login triggers the account upgrade page. It looks like the account upgrade is triggering on new accounts as well as old?

Isn't that what I just said?

CoJaBo said...

Attempting to complete the form results in a machine-level exception.

You get a machine-level exception when trying to fill out the security qna form?

5. Re: old account

apeto said...

This problem has now been corrected. When signing up the security question/answer is asked for on the main signup form now.

Jeremy

6. Re: old account

said...

This problem has now been corrected. When signing up the security question/answer is asked for on the main signup form now.

Jeremy

i get no error now. thank.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu