1. Windows 7 issues

Hi

In pursuit of euphoric's sqlite problems, I'm doing a clean install of windows 7 on a virtualbox, and installing eu 4 (latest update from downloads page)

Issue 1. Installing win32lib from the archives, still geting the 'routine' reserved keyword issue (yes, I know its known). Then downloading and overwriting with CK Lesters updated win32lib zip file from the top of his using euphoria website, then get a missing win32version.ew message. (any chance of adding this include to the zip CK?).

Issue 2. Running the win32lib include demos (obviously not working yet, thats not the issue at the moment), and finding that eui can't find the win32 lib includes, then added an eu.cfg file in the demos folder. The eu.cfg file's only line is this

-I c:\euphoria-40\win32lib-0704\Include

and yet eui still can't find the win32lib includes. Adding an EUINC environment variable then allowed eui to find the win32lib-0704\Include folder, but that's not a solution. So, is there a problewm with the eu.cfg system on windows 7?

Remeber, this is a pristine install, both of the OS, and of eu4, and at this level there really should be a 'complete solution' (eu4, win32lib, and pre compiled ide) installation option - which I am quite happy to put together, and keep updated.

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Windows 7 issues

ChrisB said...

Issue 2. Running the win32lib include demos (obviously not working yet, thats not the issue at the moment), and finding that eui can't find the win32 lib includes, then added an eu.cfg file in the demos folder. The eu.cfg file's only line is this

and yet eui still can't find the win32lib includes. Adding an EUINC environment variable then allowed eui to find the win32lib-0704\Include folder, but that's not a solution. So, is there a problewm with the eu.cfg system on windows 7?

Did you run from the command line? Or explorer? It might be an issue with how the current directory is determined. This really shouldn't be an OS issue, since we should be using the directory wherever the file is.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Windows 7 issues

Hi, I ran them from explorer, but thats interesting, because I also put the eu.cfg in c:\euphoria-40, and (separately) c:\euphoria-40\bin, where it also failed, and according to the docs

for WINDOWS systems

1. %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\euphoria\eu.cfg 2. %APPDATA%\euphoria\eu.cfg 3. %EUDIR%\eu.cfg 4. %HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\eu.cfg 5. From where ever the executable is run from "<exepath>/eu.cfg" 6. Current working directory - "./eu.cfg" 7. Command line -C switches

However, I'll try again with a command line, and see if that makes a difference.

Chris

4. Re: Windows 7 issues

ChrisB said...

However, I'll try again with a command line, and see if that makes a difference.

Also, what directories does it claim to have looked in when you get the error (i.e., "Could not fin Win32Lib.ew in....<list of directories>")?

Matt

5. Re: Windows 7 issues

ChrisB said...

Issue 1. Installing win32lib from the archives, still geting the 'routine' reserved keyword issue (yes, I know its known). Then downloading and overwriting with CK Lesters updated win32lib zip file from the top of his using euphoria website, then get a missing win32version.ew message. (any chance of adding this include to the zip CK?).

The win32version.ew file required no changes for Eu4.0 compatibility so I didn't put it in the archive. You are probably using an older version of Win32Lib that didn't come with that file. I'm using the latest revision from SVN at Sourceforge. Check that out and see if you get the file that way.

ChrisB said...

Is it case-sensitive? Might require a lowercase 'i'?

ChrisB said...

I had a similar experience recently. Had to create a EUINC system variable to get something to work, though I was told by another that it shouldn't have been necessary.

6. Re: Windows 7 issues

Hi

When EUINC is NOT set

C:\euphoria-40\win32lib0704\Demo\bitmap.exw:1 <0052>:: can't find 'win32lib.ew' in any of ... C:\euphoria-40\win32lib0704\Demo C:\euphoria-40

include win32lib.ew ^

Press Enter

This happens whether eu.cfg is in the Demo folder or in the c:\euphoria-40 folder, or nowhere.

When EUINC is set (to c:\euphoria-40\win32lib704\Include) it works fine. (Note, I have chnage the folder name, that's why it looks different)

When run from the command line with EUINC NOT set, and no eu.cfg get

C:\euphoria-40\win32lib0704\Demo>eui bitmap.exw bitmap.exw:1 <0052>:: can't find 'win32lib.ew' in any of ... . C:\euphoria-40

include win32lib.ew ^

Aaaaaand I've just realised what I've done!

eu.cfg looked like eu.cfg from windows explorer, but when you create it (with notepad) it creates eu.cfg.txt, it still looks like eu.cfg - the extension is hidden.

When you remove the extension, it works fine.

Thanks everyone! We shall call this the extension trap.

Chris (groaning to self)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu