1. Manual

The online manual has been updated. There have been some additional documentation contributions, but the biggest change is the navigation. The TOC does not show as much until clicking through, with makes it a lot easier to find what you're looking for.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Manual

The links "Quick Links" at the right-hand-side have scrambled targets.

For example:

• click "Mini Guides" and goto "4.2 statements";
  • click "string" goto "7.7 Math Constants"
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Manual

mattlewis said...

The online manual has been updated. There have been some additional documentation contributions, but the biggest change is the navigation. The TOC does not show as much until clicking through, with makes it a lot easier to find what you're looking for.

Much improved. The index is very useful.

4. Re: Manual

mattlewis said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU *THANK YOU* ! ! ! !

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! ! !

Dan

5. Re: Manual

Did you want comments on the manual as they could be made? If so, just to save time, the example for trim() should show something besides removing "\r\n" from a sequence that contains exactly that. I'd use this example

s = trim(" This is a sentence\n","\r\n ") 
-- s = "This is sentence" 

useless

6. Re: Manual

useless said...

Did you want comments on the manual as they could be made? If so, just to save time, the example for trim() should show something besides removing "\r\n" from a sequence that contains exactly that. I'd use this example

useless

Ok, I added this example ...

s = trim(" This is a sentence.\n")  -- Default is to trim off all " \t\r\n" 
-- s is "This is a sentence." 

7. Re: Manual

DerekParnell said...
useless said...

useless

I looked at
http://www.openeuphoria.org/docs/eu400_0085.html#_3577_trim
and i saw no such change.

useless

8. Re: Manual

useless said...
DerekParnell said...
useless said...

useless

I looked at
http://www.openeuphoria.org/docs/eu400_0085.html#_3577_trim
and i saw no such change.

useless

I updated the raw document text inside std/text.e but these have not yet been used to generate a fresh set of document HTML files for the OE site. I'm sorry I wasn't exactly clear on what I had done. I displayed the addition here so you can see it now and comment on it, maybe before the next on-line document is generated.

There are quite a few documentation tweaks going on at the moment so I expect that when this round of changes have been done, a new on-line document will be generated.

9. Re: Manual

I am new to Euphoria and am going through the eu400 docs. I have noticed some documentation issues and would like to know if someone would be interested in this info. Also would there be a better place to post this info. I use Linux.

Thanks

10. Re: Manual

Yes, please post documentation issues in the tickets system. Make sure to select "Documentation" as the Category.

11. Re: Manual

Anthill said...

I am new to Euphoria and am going through the eu400 docs. I have noticed some documentation issues and would like to know if someone would be interested in this info. Also would there be a better place to post this info. I use Linux.

As euphoric said, put it in as a ticket. If you wish, though, depending on how many errors you find you can feel free to just create one ticket out of the whole bunch. Or even just write a .txt file and email it to me, I can add a ticket if it becomes problem some.

Jeremy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu