1. memory grows up indefinitly

hello,

I'm not sure there is no tickets for this "bug", so i write a message.

I've developped an windows application which does many tcp connections. I've tested it with Eu4a3 and it's nearly ok (the memory grows up very, very slowly) for the interpreted version and for the compiled version (with watcom).

I've tested it (same code) with Eu4b1, b2, b3 and b4 versions. With process explorer tool (www.sysinternals.com), the performance graph for the private memory shows the memory grows up quickly and never be released.

I'm ok to help but how and what to do ?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: memory grows up indefinitly

PtitChaud said...

I've developped an windows application which does many tcp connections. I've tested it with Eu4a3 and it's nearly ok (the memory grows up very, very slowly) for the interpreted version and for the compiled version (with watcom).

I've tested it (same code) with Eu4b1, b2, b3 and b4 versions. With process explorer tool (www.sysinternals.com), the performance graph for the private memory shows the memory grows up quickly and never be released.

There has been at least one memory leak fixed since b4. So the first thing is probably to see if running the latest version leaks memory. You can get a more recent binary here.

Alternatively, if you can reduce the code to a minimal sample that reproduces the problem, we can look at it and figure out what's going on.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: memory grows up indefinitly

PtitChaud said...

hello,

I had the same problem and find out, that problem was with function setHint(), which i've used for changing hints in a loop depending on data input. When I disabled this function, problem with memory ended.

Vlado

4. Re: memory grows up indefinitly

thank's for your answer.

I've tried the Eu40b4 version r3454. The problem is the same as Eu40b4 r3379.

If i use Eu40a3 version, i've not the same, without changing any code in my application.

My application runs in production environment on win XP and with the Euphoria version 40a3 (i don't know where to find the svn number), the used memory is stable.

The size of the application is important, so how to isolate Euphoria functions which produce this bug, probably come from Eu40b1 release ?

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu