1. The wiki

I am not able to log in to the wiki using my forum credentials. I am also unable to create an account on the wiki page. The form collects my data but the form results page shows 'guest' and empty fields.

Is the wiki something everyone can edit or is it closed? Thanks,

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: The wiki

Jesse said...

I am not able to log in to the wiki using my forum credentials. I am also unable to create an account on the wiki page.

Is the wiki something everyone can edit or is it closed?

the wiki and forum are not yet using the same user names. usually you signup, then ask a moderator to enable editing. so it is semi open. page referesh?

there may be a problem related to moving from openeuoria? the wiki is still editable by previous enabled users at last test.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: The wiki

ne1uno said...
Jesse said...

I am not able to log in to the wiki using my forum credentials. I am also unable to create an account on the wiki page.

Is the wiki something everyone can edit or is it closed?

the wiki and forum are not yet using the same user names. usually you signup, then ask a moderator to enable editing. so it is semi open. page referesh?

there may be a problem related to moving from openeuoria? the wiki is still editable by previous enabled users at last test.

I think the only person capable of approving new users is rywilly.

The wiki is really screwed up, it uses an obsolete version of creole and only compiles under a pre-alpha old version of 4.0 (but new enough to not work on 3.1.1) and it desperately needs a lot of work....

4. Re: The wiki

This may be a self centered opinion, but I believe that, apart from the personal life of this sites maintainer, his or her first priority should be to get the wiki working. One person shouldn't be carrying the whole project. There is too much work to be done here. If this wiki doesn't work properly, just install something else that is known to work so that the community can build the documentation and get everyone on the same page. The state of the documentation is going to kill this software if nothing is done. I'm new here, so please forgive me if this assertion is out of line. I'm not trying to say I could do better. Furthermore, I recognize that I am probably prodding you to a self evident solution. With due regard,

5. Re: The wiki

It's my fault. sad I sortof created the wiki, and then abandoned it because of Real Life. If JeremyC is around...we should get together and update EuWikiEngine to work with the WebClay and the latest eu 4.0 and integrate the user accounts like we meant to a long time ago! I'll start on it. If anyone wants to help (*cough*jeremyc*cough*), i'm always in the euphoria chatroom.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu