1. RSS reader

Is the RSS no longer avaleble ? It says

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@openeuphoria.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: RSS reader

Something must have changed in the Creole library or some other condition took place causing this to happen, but Creole was printing a ton of "Unresolved link" warnings at the top of the RSS feed, thus throwing off all the HTTP headers sent back to the web server, causing the 500 error.

I commented out the printf statement giving that warning message, but it may just be avoiding the issue.

Derek? It was on line 3975 of the creole.e that runs the forum, the code looks like:

for i = 1 to length(vUnresolved) do 
      if vVerbose then 
        printf(1, "Local Link #%5d of %5d (%s)\n", {i,length(vUnresolved),vUnresolved[i][2]}) 
      end if 
      lIdx = find_bookmark(vUnresolved[i][1], vUnresolved[i][2], vUnresolved[i][3], vUnresolved[i][4]) 
      if lIdx = 0 then 
        lPluginResult = Generate_Final(InternalLink,{"unresolved", vUnresolved[i][2]}) 
        --printf(1, "Unresolved link='%s' display='%s' context='%s'\n", vUnresolved[i][1..3]) 
      else 

sequence lFileName 
        if length(vBookMarks[lIdx][5]) != 0 then 
          lFileName = filebase(vBookMarks[lIdx][5]) 
        else 
          lFileName = filebase(vBookMarks[lIdx][4]) 
        end if 
        lPluginResult = Generate_Final(QualifiedLink, {lFileName, 
                          vBookMarks[lIdx][3], vUnresolved[i][2]}) 
      end if 

lPos = match_from({TAG_UNRESOLVED, i}, lText, lFrom) 
      if lPos > 0 then 
        lText = lText[1 .. lPos - 1] & lPluginResult & lText[lPos + 2 .. $] 
        lFrom += length(lPluginResult) - 2 
      end if 
    end for 

Any thoughts?

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: RSS reader

Not sure what we can do about the unresolved links issue. Perhaps if we can let the poster know during preview it might be helpful, but otherwise I don't see an issue in simply ignoring that tidbit of information.

That printf() was always an issue, but it was masked by the greater crash in http://oe.cowgar.com/ticket/142.wc#142 (and formerly demonstrated by http://oe.cowgar.com/ticket/141.wc#141)

4. Re: RSS reader

menno said...

Is the RSS no longer avaleble ? It says

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@openeuphoria.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Reminds me of http://oe.cowgar.com/forum/111107.wc#111107

5. Re: RSS reader

jeremy said...

I commented out the printf statement giving that warning message, but it may just be avoiding the issue.

Any thoughts?

This bug was brought to my attention a couple of weeks ago and I thought that someone had fixed it already ... but apparently I was wrong.

I've uploaded the corrected creole.e now, and that message should only be displayed when the verbose switch is set.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu