1. [Win32Lib] Can't get spacebar to be responded to, sometimes

I have an app in which I wanted to make hitting the spacebar execute a routine that normally clicking on a button would do. I should be able to do that, but at that point in app, I can't get the spacebar to be responed to. At that point, I try to setFocus to the main window, (which had initially been able to pickup pressing spacebar), but that doesn't suffice to allow spacebar to be perceived.

I do use a "return" statement in a series of if-then's, to allow execution to selectivly escape further code, which seems (maybe?) to somehow be interferring with the setFocus, or maybe it's something else that I've done wrong?

Follows is a stub that, while not exactly like what I am doing/trying to do, does seem to show the problem.

--  code generated by Win32Lib IDE v1.0.4 Build July-06-2008 

constant TheProgramType="exw"  

include Win32Lib.ew 
without warning 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
--  Window Window1 
constant Window1 = createEx( Window, "Window1", 0, Default, Default, 400, 300, 0, 0 ) 
constant StatusBar3 = createEx( StatusBar, "StatusBar3", Window1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 ) 
constant LText5 = createEx( LText, "FIRST, Press SPACEBAR", Window1, 116, 36, 144, 20, 0, 0 ) 
constant LText6 = createEx( LText, "why doesn't press ENTER set focus to window ", Window1, 44, 180, 236, 20, 0, 0 ) 
constant EditText7 = createEx( EditText, "EditText7", Window1, 140, 96, 48, 20, 0, 0 ) 
constant LText8 = createEx( LText, "THEN, Press ENTER, which SHOULD set focus to Window", Window1, 32, 68, 300, 20, 0, 0 ) 
constant LText9 = createEx( LText, "and allow space bar PRESS to be perceived?", Window1, 48, 204, 244, 20, 0, 0 ) 
constant LText10 = createEx( LText, "THEN press SPACEBAR again, should work, but doesn't", Window1, 32, 132, 304, 20, 0, 0 ) 
--------------------------------------------------------- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
procedure Window1_onKeyPress (integer self, integer event, sequence params)--params is ( int keyCode, int shift,int released ) 
   if equal(params[1], VK_SPACE) then 
   	  setText(StatusBar3, "pressed SPACEBAR") 
   	  setFocus(EditText7) 
   end if 
end procedure 
setHandler( Window1, w32HKeyPress, routine_id("Window1_onKeyPress")) 
procedure EditText7_onKeyPress (integer self, integer event, sequence params)--params is ( int keyCode, int shift,int released ) 

if equal(params[1], VK_ENTER)then 
    setText(StatusBar3, "pressed ENTER") 

if 1 then -- would normally have other conditions here 

if 1  then  -- and would normally have other conditions here 
        setText(StatusBar3, "got into setFocus(Window1) section, but focus NOT on window") 
    	setFocus(Window1) 
    	return 
    else 
     -- do some stuff here, maybe 

end if 

-- some stuff here that I don't want to happen if execution gets 
    -- into the "setFocus(Window1) 

end if 

end if 

end procedure 
setHandler( EditText7, w32HKeyPress, routine_id("EditText7_onKeyPress")) 
--------------------------------------------------------- 

WinMain( Window1,Normal ) 

Dan

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: [Win32Lib] Can't get spacebar to be responded to, sometimes

I have found that key strokes are sometimes seen as an event for Screen instead of the expected window or control. Try:

setHandler(Screen, ...   -- or 
setHandler({Screen,Window1}, ... 

I have not looked to see if there is another reason for the problem.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: [Win32Lib] Can't get spacebar to be responded to, sometimes

Haven't tried your Screen suggestin yet, but I suspect you're right, I vaguely remember something like that myself, but hadn't tried it, since the first part of capturing the event from the Window worked, and then I couldn't seem to send focus TO that window.

Anyway, thanks, I'll try that.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu