1. New Release?

Hello,

Its been a long time since I've seen an update of Euphoria. I was wondering if there was going to be a new release anytime soon?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: New Release?

Lone_EverGreen_Ranger said...

Hello,

Its been a long time since I've seen an update of Euphoria. I was wondering if there was going to be a new release anytime soon?

I'm trying hard to get a beta release out in the next few days, but I don't know how feasible that will be.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: New Release?

Well hopefully, a new beta or something is released soon. I'd like to see how much improvement has been done.

4. Re: New Release?

I would like to see the relavant help or readme or manpages or .chm files included with the release they pertain to. There's no searching the online manual, and i find myself searching the include files themselves for the syntax, and i haveto guess a relavant search term like "filename" to find "pathinfo()".

useless

5. Re: New Release?

Yes - and even searching the include files is made more difficult by all the documentation markup that gets in the way.

6. Re: New Release?

irv said...

Yes - and even searching the include files is made more difficult by all the documentation markup that gets in the way.

That is true, the documentation does need some work. It's confusing to browse through and the examples are very medicore.

7. Re: New Release?

jimcbrown said...

Hello,

I'm trying hard to get a beta release out in the next few days, but I don't know how feasible that will be.

Beta 3 is out... but apparently this website is not going to be updated to reflect that fact.

8. Re: New Release?

jimcbrown said...
jimcbrown said...

Hello,

Beta 3 is out... but apparently this website is not going to be updated to reflect that fact.

Where can we get Beta 3 from? Sourceforge, I suppose.

9. Re: New Release?

Is win32lib working yet? Euphoria is more than a toy for me - I have to supply compiled exe's to a paying customer, so I have again gone back to v3.1.1 due to namespace issues in the v4 standard libraries and/or win32lib

10. Re: New Release?

alanjohnoxley said...

Is win32lib working yet? Euphoria is more than a toy for me - I have to supply compiled exe's to a paying customer, so I have again gone back to v3.1.1 due to namespace issues in the v4 standard libraries and/or win32lib

What name space issues are you having? Beta 3 and the latest version of win32libex are compatible.

11. Re: New Release?

OK, I have checked out the latest SVN, and will find win32libex... Never heard of win32libex before!

12. Re: New Release?

alanjohnoxley said...

OK, I have checked out the latest SVN, and will find win32libex... Never heard of win32libex before!

When I originally tried to register the project on sourceforge, they said "win32lib" was too generic. Since at the time, I was enhancing the work that David Cuny had done, with the hope of eventually integrating it back with him, win32libex seemed like a reasonable name. Of course, at about that point, David stopped work with win32lib at all, and the sourceforge project became the official home of win32lib:

http://win32libex.sf.net

http://sf.net/projects/win32libex

Matt

13. Re: New Release?

"Beta 3 is out... but apparently this website is not going to be updated to reflect that fact."

Why not?

Chris

14. Re: New Release?

ChrisB said...

"Beta 3 is out... but apparently this website is not going to be updated to reflect that fact."

Why not?

Just send Rob an email, he'll update the main website.

Jeremy

15. Re: New Release?

jeremy said...

Also, news should be added here, anyone with moderator capabilities (I believe) can post news, just goto the news page and on the right there should be a link titled "Post News".

Jeremy

16. Re: New Release?

jeremy said...
jeremy said...

Also, news should be added here, anyone with moderator capabilities (I believe) can post news, just goto the news page and on the right there should be a link titled "Post News".

Jeremy

Can the Downloads page be changed as easily?

17. Re: New Release?

My SVN checkout has given me a working environment... It translates and interprets OK without modification, with this win32lib release: Dated 2010/01/25, size 1,786Kb. Inside says v070.4a 17 June 2008 but it was modified since, not by me. Don't know where I got it from... downloaded a few versions while trying to get a working one!

I did look briefly at win32libex, but in keeping with a minimum change preference, eg the SetHandler, I'll stay with the abovementioned win32lib.

Thanks guys & gals !

18. Re: New Release?

jimcbrown said...
jeremy said...
jeremy said...

Jeremy

Can the Downloads page be changed as easily?

It's updated. Was Rob notified or was there new news posted?

Jeremy

19. Re: New Release?

jeremy said...

It's updated. Was Rob notified or was there new news posted?

Jeremy

Nope, I never notified Rob. I can't post news at http://oe.cowgar.com/news/index.wc either (which doesn't have any new news for 5 months..)

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu