1. wxeud.e - suggestion

In wxeud.e, in the line:

puts(2, "Could not open wxEuphoria library.  Press enter to abort.\n" ) 

a little more information would be useful.
Which file (by name) is it looking for?
Which directory is it looking for it in?
Where can one get the file from?
How is the file installed?

If you are really ambitious, maybe write some code to solve the problem.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wxeud.e - suggestion

JerryStory said...

In wxeud.e, in the line:

puts(2, "Could not open wxEuphoria library.  Press enter to abort.\n" ) 

a little more information would be useful.
Which file (by name) is it looking for?
Which directory is it looking for it in?
Where can one get the file from?
How is the file installed?

If you are really ambitious, maybe write some code to solve the problem.

Hi

Thats not easy! ( i know, I've tried ). Its been made a little easier with eu4 opening system, but even so.

The file by name is in the lines above that puts() Which directory is in the Linux path (including the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable), so any where in the path. Sometimes it required the file to be in a specific spot. Sometimes, even if you have the right library in the right place, that library in turn might need to include some libraries that aren't present, and those libraries also might need other ones - so called dependencies. Use ldd (ie ldd libwxeu.so (or whatever its called)) to find out if there are any missing dependencies.

What I've done (for sdl and iup on Linux at least), is follow the required dependency trail, trawl for the required libs (other machines and the internet), and actually save those libs in a 'package' so that I can quickly install and deploy _that_ version again.

Its incredibly frustrating. I come up against that dependency wall (and printer installation wall) again and again.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: wxeud.e - suggestion

ChrisB said...

Its incredibly frustrating. I come up against that dependency wall (and printer installation wall) again and again.

Chris

What are you running? I have not had any dependency problems in ages.

4. Re: wxeud.e - suggestion

Various - SuSE, Ubuntu, Puppy - hopefully during the lifetime cycle of the SuSE machines will be switching to Ubuntu. SDL gave me a few on Ubuntu, and IUP a lotta fun, but I have got most of those sorted, mostly becasue I had to hand install a lot of 32 bit libs on a 64 bit SuSE machine, and I kept those to one side.

Chris

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu