1. Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Hi

On a brand new install of the latest eu4b2, I would like to install the latest versions of win32lib and the IDE.

Where do I find them (if available), because the ones in the archive seem to be outdated?

Chris

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

The IDE was the work of Judith Evans, with a little help from friends like CChris, but she has been retired from the work for over a year now. There has been no further work on it since then, afaik. I don't know if it will work on Eu4 unless you use the bound version, and then how appropriate it will be for using the new features of Eu4 I don't know. Anyone else got any info? Derek was going to keep an eye on it, I think, but he has plenty of other things to keep him busy.

Win32Lib was being looked after by Derek, the last I heard, but I haven't seen a formal new issue.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Ah. Its just that I'd heard rumours (on here) of win32lib working with eu4 with some mods, and wondering if these had been released anywhere.

Incidentally running the bound version I found on the archive, I get a "Message 12", "CreateProcesHi failed" when trying to run a program from the bounf ide - anyone know what this means.

Further rambling - does this have anything to do with running on a 64 bit windows platform?

Chris

4. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Hi

Sorry to harp on about this, but is there an eu4 compatible win32lib library somewhere? (at least faster and 'more' compatible 0.70.4a)

Also has the 'pixel' related error in translating / compiling with openwatcom been fixed?

( http://oe.cowgar.com/forum/108520.wc#108520 )

Chris

5. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

ChrisB said...

is there an eu4 compatible win32lib library somewhere?

Yes. I haven't got it but I'll get it and make it available.

Also, I'm reorganising win32lib now so it won't need any 3.1 modules. I'm about 1/2 way through.

ChrisB said...

Also has the 'pixel' related error in translating / compiling with openwatcom been fixed?

No. I forgot about this one and I can't find a ticket for it. I'll create the ticket and try to get it working ASAP.

6. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

DerekParnell said...
ChrisB said...

No. I forgot about this one and I can't find a ticket for it. I'll create the ticket and try to get it working ASAP.

I was under the impression that this was already fixed. Maybe my mind is just going...

7. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

DerekParnell said...
ChrisB said...

is there an eu4 compatible win32lib library somewhere?

Yes. I haven't got it but I'll get it and make it available.

Also, I'm reorganising win32lib now so it won't need any 3.1 modules. I'm about 1/2 way through.

ChrisB said...

Fantastic. Cheers Derek.

Chris

8. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

DerekParnell said...
ChrisB said...

Hmmm ... I've just test this and the error that occurs is not how it was originally described.

---- 
pixel(1,2) 
---- 

When I run the program above I get ...

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>eui testp 

testp.ex:3 
Unsupported Op Code 

--> See ex.err 

When I translate it I get ...

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>euc testp 
Translating code, pass: 1 2 3  generating 
Compiling with Watcom 
Compiling  12% init-.c 
Compiling  50% testp.c 
Compiling  75% main-.c 
Linking 100% testp.exe 

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>testp 

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source> 
So it seems to me that this has been resolved already. If you are trying to run programs that call pixel() (eg. existing DOS programs) in Eu4 you have some choices.

• Update the apps source code to remove the call.
  • Update the apps source code to avoid the call.
ifdef MSDOS then 
    pixel(x,y) 
end ifdef 

9. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Hi Derek,

I would like to direct your attention to fullscreen.exw in the demos of Win32lib. The test button does not work with me. If I run a changed version of fullscreen.exw using the setHandler syntax instead of registerRoutine the demo will work.
But maybe this difference has already disappeared during your modifications.

Roland

10. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

DerekParnell said...
DerekParnell said...
ChrisB said...

Hmmm ... I've just test this and the error that occurs is not how it was originally described.

---- 
pixel(1,2) 
---- 

When I run the program above I get ...

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>eui testp 

testp.ex:3 
Unsupported Op Code 

--> See ex.err 

When I translate it I get ...

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>euc testp 
Translating code, pass: 1 2 3  generating 
Compiling with Watcom 
Compiling  12% init-.c 
Compiling  50% testp.c 
Compiling  75% main-.c 
Linking 100% testp.exe 

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source>testp 

C:\Projects\eu_proj\eu40\tools\euweb\trunk\source> 
So it seems to me that this has been resolved already. If you are trying to run programs that call pixel() (eg. existing DOS programs) in Eu4 you have some choices.

• Update the apps source code to remove the call.
  • Update the apps source code to avoid the call.
ifdef MSDOS then 
    pixel(x,y) 
end ifdef 

Hi

Looks like there's been a revision change which I've missed then. I think I was using r2670 (off the top of my head), and I'm trying to stick to beta releases only at the moment.

Thanks

Chris

11. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Personally, I have tried Eu 40B2 twice, but fell back to Eu3.1.1 due to win32lib problems that I couldn't fix. Probably I am not the only one ;) Didn't want to whine about this, as we are all volunteers.

I don't use the IDE, out of resistance to change more than anything else. Plotting control position/size is tedious but not as tedious as learning IDE, for me at least.

Thanks Derek

12. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

alanjohnoxley said...

Personally, I have tried Eu 40B2 twice, but fell back to Eu3.1.1 due to win32lib problems that I couldn't fix. Probably I am not the only one ;) Didn't want to whine about this, as we are all volunteers.

I don't use the IDE, out of resistance to change more than anything else. Plotting control position/size is tedious but not as tedious as learning IDE, for me at least.

Thanks Derek

Yes, but what a system it'll be when it all works together!

Chris
Forked into: Is Windows testing of Eu 40B2 adequate?

13. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

I love the IDE. I downloaded version 4.0 to try out but have hardly touched it because I miss the IDE bit. It would be good if someone managed to find the time to get it working with 4.0 (easier said than done, I know).

I'd also love something comparable to use with Linux, as your IDE is one of the few things I use Windows for these days. Oh, and the Ludo game - anyone fancy making a Ludo game for Linux?

Sorry to ask for all these things when I'm not advanced enough to be able to do anything towards them myself.

Carolyn

14. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

If you use EU3 instead of EU4 and bind the program in Windows, the executable will probably run on Linux with the Wine loader. I have had success with this.

15. Re: Eu4 win32lib, IDE

Funnily enough, that occurred to me just a few minutes ago when I was using another Windows program in Wine, then I came on here and saw you were suggesting it. I think I'll try that.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu