1. Temporary host

Thankyou Jeremy

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Temporary host

Lets switch to this host permanently.No 500 yet.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Temporary host

True, but we didn't used to get 500s from the old host for a long time either.

I mean, that's the host we've been using all along? Both with the old forum and with Jeremy's new forum?

So my only question is what changed?

Otherwise, yeah, a more reliable host is good. This site really can't be too resource-hungry.

4. Re: Temporary host

jaygade said...

True, but we didn't used to get 500s from the old host for a long time either.

I mean, that's the host we've been using all along? Both with the old forum and with Jeremy's new forum?

So my only question is what changed?

Otherwise, yeah, a more reliable host is good. This site really can't be too resource-hungry.

The site is not at all resource hungry. The main problem is the other host was shared hosting and there were a couple of problem users on our host that would execute runaway MySQL queries. Sometimes the MySQL server would be at 100% utilization for hours at a time. Unfortunately, those processes were also CGI processes and the web host was not discerning enough to track down who was doing it. They began putting severe limitations on cgi processes, ours included even though we had nothing to do with any of their problems.

Jeremy

5. Re: Temporary host

Sounds like reason enough to ask them to change or to drop them then.

But again, those other users must have been added and/or changed their way of using the server recently. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

6. Re: Temporary host

jaygade said...

But again, those other users must have been added and/or changed their way of using the server recently. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

Yes, indeed and because of that I guess we are looking for a way to host OpenEuphoria w/o being at the mercy of 500 other users affecting our site (I have no idea how many users they had on one box, but it was/is shared hosting).

Jeremy

7. Re: Temporary host

jeremy said...

Yes, indeed and because of that I guess we are looking for a way to host OpenEuphoria w/o being at the mercy of 500 other users affecting our site (I have no idea how many users they had on one box, but it was/is shared hosting).

Jeremy

Any update on this?

The current temporary host is working wonderfully, I might add. Need it be temporary?

8. Re: Temporary host

jimcbrown said...
jeremy said...

Jeremy

Any update on this?

The current temporary host is working wonderfully, I might add. Need it be temporary?

We've since found a lot of serious issues with the forum software, but the current temporary host is still working wonderfully.

9. Re: Temporary host

Can the developers say whats important as regards choosing a host for this forum..? I have a idle site that may fit the bill..

EG Unlimited bandwidth Root access Unlimited disk space

Assuming Jeremy is not perfectly happy with what's being used now?

Regards Alan

10. Re: Temporary host

Any plans on how long temporary is going to be? I have not heard of any complaining lately. Any short term plans for a permanent move? It appears that the hosting has been going strong for about a month now.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu